• Cement board

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timber

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at fitting EWI and render to my house and have a section on a bay that is currently tiled. Trying to decide what to do here whether to retile it, render it over to match the walls, or maybe clad it with either timber or cement board?

opinions invited please.

EA551A75-92AE-4230-8BDA-9BC510F04922.jpeg

FB9789E7-5D39-45F5-8FE3-44DA840A3F0B.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Bay cladding aside I see a ton of tricky areas where it will be difficult to get an EWI system to look right and marry into the existing building, some buildings just do not lend themselves to EWI, the contractors of such systems are cut and shut contractors not master craftsmen.

Thanks Freddie, yes I appreciate is a tough job. I’ve got tot extend both ridge’s and lose he window cills. Tricky around the waste pipe in the corner and the chimney as well.

The main job is the re-render, EWI was the afterthought and the chap looking at quoted for Weber EWI M1 system. I believe he mentioned just 25mm of EWI which doesn’t seem a Lot to me but better than nothing.

going to be circa £20k for the front and side. So want to get it right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back