Repairing plaster in/on a lath/stud wall

you don't use a float to apply a float coat, well i wouldn't ;)

ditto :D

enjoy your holidays tomorrow trowelmonkey ;)

i dont get mine till the start of august :cry: just going to the lakes for a week as we have already been to paris this year (march) :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that TM. I was ordered by the wife to come and get my dinner. :rolleyes: :LOL:, plus i'm babysitting at 6-15. See ya later. enjoy your hols, and don't forget a stick of rock for the boys. :LOL: ;)

Roughcaster.

Didn’t look at this one before as no experience with lath but got curious about the length of the thread; now I can see there is a lot more to it (the thread that is) .

RC you should get some sort of medal for the trouble you go to ;) , TM enjoy your holiday; mines counting down to August 3rd – 5 weeks house swap in Calpe Spain; bring it on! :LOL:

thanks a lot lads! :D enjoy your weekends! catch up with you when i get back!

i promise i'll have a drink to each of you :D

Sponsored Links
That sequence of pic's made it so easy for me to explain Rich', and gives any novice plasterer an idea of the method/work involved. I carry the digi cam in my sandwich bag all the time now, in case another assignment for DIYnot comes up. :LOL:

Roughcaster.

how do i fix angle beads to a metal stud background do you use 1.219mm diameter galvanized wire,
i read it in j,b taylor on pg 49,
im doing some paper work now so would like to know if im right please,

female plasterer

First femaleplaster, you should start a new topic for your questions as it can get confusing to answer 2 people on the same thread.

I've never worked on metal stud walls so presuming its plaster board faced I would butter the edges of the returns from top to
bottom with finish then press the skim bead into it till it was firm back to the board or adjusted to up right, then clean of the finish
that squeezed through the bead with my trowel then wipe the bead down with my small wet brush.
If its expamet lath then the day after I had pricked it up I would then stick the angle bead on with the render scratch coat.

Oh and welcome to the trade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back