Replace switch with thermostat

Sponsored Links
Installation instructions:
- The thermostat should be assembled in the upper part of the switch cabinet

Err no.

What type of switch are you replacing?????? Pics

Sponsored Links
this doesn't seem to be appropriate for swapping for a wall switch.
I have seen many of these in machine control cabinets, but never stuck to a domestic wall.

And it needs a DIN rail to mount on.

And it won't connect to concealed cabling.

And it'll almost certainly not have the right IP rating for the terminals and/or terminal screws.

What type of fan and where is it?

It'll be quite complicated to do this as conventional stats are wired to turn on at low temperature and off at high temperature.

If you can find the necessary components, you should be able to control the fan as long as the stat is installed in an area which will not be cooled by the wind chill of the fan. This way it will remain on as long as the actual temperature of the room is high enough.

And, a fan won't actually cool the room, so once it switches on, i'll be on for ages and ages.

And, a fan won't actually cool the room, so once it switches on, i'll be on for ages and ages.
if its an extractor fan? Or better, a combination of extractor and inlet fans.

We had two biiig extractor fans installed sidebyside in one shop, to cool the warehouse. They were on two seperate thermostats. Clearly one was always on more than the other.

(the wiring was bizzarre. The FCU on the right supplied the two fans. This FCU was supplied by the flex tied to the conduit. This flex was plugged into a metaclad socket about 6 foot to the left of this photo. The FCU in the middle was for a bell, supplied as a spur from the same socket. The socket was supplied by the conduit on the ceiling. :rolleyes: )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back