REPLACED AN ALARM PIR BUT NOW ALL INTERNAL PIRS DON'T WORK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came home from work to find that the house alarm had gone off. It was shown that it was triggered from the PIR in one of the bedrooms. The PIR was constantly flashing wether there was anything passing in front of it or not and subsequently it was not possible to set the alarm unless I omitted that PIR. On the assumption that it was faulty PIR I bought a new one and replaced the old one. Now I find that none of the internal PIRs are working, the front and back door ones do work. What to do? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Replace the fuse that you have blown by working in the alarm 'live'

Don't forget that there is mains electrickery inside the box, turn it off first.

After a time trying to source the right fuses (1.6A), I managed to replaced the 2 fuses within the control box and it did the trick. My alarm is now up and running again. Thank you very much for your informative advice :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back