replacement boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all
I have an apollo myson boiler at the moment and I am planning on changing it to a combi or condensing combi.due to extension.

First question is will either be good enough to feed a family bathroom plus 2 en-suites with showers in.

Second question which make or model do you recomend as i don't want to outlay the cash to find out its not capable of running the system

I have asked a few people already but they don't know for sure,so if you could help with some advice it will be much appreciated.

thank you
broon

Sponsored Links
dont do it, combis can only supply one "thing" at a time ie shower, not sink and shower (we have one, but there is only the 2 of us)

Thanks for the reply
What are the alternatives?

The boiler is on its way out,and i was told that it will be law to fit a combi condenser by 2006 if replacing a boiler(there is 4 of us)

broon

Regulations might well force the installation of condensing boiler technology but NOT combi's.

You would be better off with a system boiler and stored hot water. For best all round performance from taps and showers and unvented hot water system, provided your could water supply is suitable.

A 'decent' installer would sit down with you, duscuss property occupancy and your lifestyle, and make an informed suggestion based on that.

Combi's are great in small flats, couple of people etc but they are NOT the best thing since sliced bread!!

Alan

Sponsored Links
For stored hot water, open vented systems may not be good for a shower, and maybe seen as old hat, but they are very reliable, and need little maintenance. Unvented cylinders are good for showers but expensive to live with. They need an annual inspection, and there are several parts which you can expect to replace over say ten years.

Journeyman - that system (on Heatweb site) looks very interesting - do you have one? Are you installing them? Anyone out there any experience of these?
Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back