Replacement CCTV System advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have installed an old Alien CCTV system in the house I moved into just over a year ago. It’s a 1tb analogue system with 4 dome cameras. Could anyone recommend a direct replacement for this system that won’t break the bank and has decent app connectivity? I have tried to do research but I just get more and more confused with what I read.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
How are the cameras powered? Are the power over coax or have their own separate supply?

If you have co-ax type cable for video and a separate power supply and don’t want to change or reroute the existing cables there are some very good TVI systems available with up to 5 mp cameras.

Hikvision DS-7204 HUHI-K1 DVR or whatever the latest model is, Hikvision ColorVu TVI cameras are a little more expensive up to 5 mp and colour at night well worth it.

Sponsored Links
Great, thanks. Can you recommend a supplier? Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back