Replacement of Diverter Valve for a BIASI 25S combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that I need to replace the diverter valve on my boiler to get the hot water working again (heating is fine). I was given a rough estimate of £450 for the job, I have no real way of finding out if this is a reasonable quote. Can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
Its not a reasonable quote, your boiler can be bought for that.

If it is the diverter then it will only need a diaphragm, less than £20.
less than an hour to change. £80 tops Your being fleeced :evil:

We charge £106 ( including a service ). In fact our basic diagnostic fee is £84.

Does that mean that we are fleecing?

By the way this is London !

Of course it can be other causes than juat a failed diaphragm. Seized hydraulic unit shaft, seized diverter manifold, failed DHW demand switch, failed PCB etc. Whatever it is we are set up to identify and repair it.

Tony

We charge £106 ( including a service ). In fact our basic diagnostic fee is £84.

Does that mean that we are fleecing?

By the way this is London !

Of course it can be other causes than juat a failed diaphragm. Seized hydraulic unit shaft, seized diverter manifold, failed DHW demand switch, failed PCB etc. Whatever it is we are set up to identify and repair it.

Tony

Do you think the fleecing comment was aimed at you Tony :rolleyes:

£106 for a repair and service, no worries. £450 repair bill on a £400 Boiler, you dont think thats fleecing :eek: :eek: I really am

Sponsored Links
I have been told that I need to replace the diverter valve on my boiler to get the hot water working again (heating is fine). I was given a rough estimate of £450 for the job, I have no real way of finding out if this is a reasonable quote. Can anyone help?

did he have a mask and pistol to hand :rolleyes:

no its not a reasonable quote its robbery

christ i can get back to hartlepool cheaper than that ;)

Do you think the fleecing comment was aimed at you Tony :rolleyes:

£106 for a repair and service, no worries. £450 repair bill on a £400 Boiler, you dont think thats fleecing :eek: :eek: I really am

Thats OK then.

However, remember this OP is in London he is going to have to contend with London prices.

Perhaps Lancs prices are lower but certainly Dave in Norwich easily comands prices about 20% higher than ours.

Tony

Maybe London prices are higher, up north we wont stand for it. Dave can command higher rates than you, he's alot bigger :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe I should look at my pricing structure, Dom is £40 first hour £25 ther after. Com Is dependant on how I feel ;)

my father has a phrase he tells me all the time about boiler repairs.

"the less you know the more money you make"

what he means is you take a repair guy that knows nothing, send him off to biasi boiler, he manages to work out the DV is not moving to dhw mode. off he goes to parts center gets the retail price of a DV adds his 30% plus a good bit of labour because it will take him a good bit of time to do and we arrive at the price of £450...

but send a bloke that knows what he is doing. he works out that the diaphragm is ripped for example, most likely he has one in the van, does not take much time to do it and he charges much less and makes much less aswell...

when i go to fix a boiler i change not by time but by the knowledge and depth of experience i have. i always keep that phrase in my mind because i don't want to be the bloke that knows what he is doing but poor for it :evil:

btw i charge about £100 to change a diaphragm...

I just wanted to say thanks for everyones comments. I have made a complaint about the crazy prices I was quoted and got the job done for
£106.

Thanks again!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back