Replacement vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plynth below the kitchen units in our old rental has a vent, which I assume needs to be there for the cooker. The existing bent blends in nicely with the wooden plynth, which consists of two pieces of wood connected to either side of the vent.

As you can see from the photos, the vent is now nothing more than a plastic hole, thanks to the rabbits of our previous tenants (it's a long story and they have now moved on). as all the slats have broken and been discarded.

I would ideally like to replace it with a similar vent, but have been unable to find anything like this, so hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction of where I can purchase one. Here are some photos:

What's good about the existing vent, apart from the fact it is the perfect size, is the way in which the plynths fit and screw into either side of it.

Any idea where I can get a replacement from?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link, that is the one that I need and would be an exact replacement, unfortunately, having contacted Howdens, they no longer sell it as it has been replaced by long, thin version!

Just my luck!

Sponsored Links
https://eastcoastkitchens.co.uk/ven...aluminium-louvre.html#/1057-model-260_x_152mm

Not ideal I know but this would cover the hole and being metal might survive "rabbits"

Thanks for that. It is something I had considered; buying a different vent and making it fit. This one looks like it might be the same height, so would probably do the job. I have also considered buying a new piece of plinth and the new style vent that Howdens sell as this would be much more solid as the vent is narrower than the plinth so fits in a cutout. Unfortunately, this would also be the most expensive way to fix the issue!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back