Replacement wired house alarm recommendation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Pyronix Sterling 10 ringer unit has stopped ringing when the alarm is activated (light still flashes).

Whilst I'm interested in any ideas what may be causing that, I wondered whether it is time to consider any upgrade (key panel is looking a little battered after 15 years(. The garage is the only location which isn't covered by the alarm and which ideally could be.

I wondered whether there are any recommendations on a good wired alarm that can be installed as a replacement, with perhaps a wireless PIR added to the garage?

Any advice or recommendations much appreciated on either sorting out the ringer or a good upgrade.

Many thanks,

Damian

Sponsored Links
Depends on buget really ! Any panel with a wireless add on is going to be midrange price....how many zones are used on the sterling 10 a at the moment ?

Sponsored Links
Premier wireless panel would give you 4 zones onboard plus 2 on the keypad ,plus your wireless zones.....other panels available ....
Would start with replacing the bellbox for a start , sounds like the sounder has failed in it ....or you have a damaged cable , swop the strobe and sounder core around at both ends, if it still flashes but does not ring it's a faulty sounder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back