Replacing a boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an OP3 oil fired boiler which I reckon is about 37 years old. Still going well but suspect efficiency is down to 50+ %. Various bits of the burner have been replaced over the years and at the last service the engineer pointed out that the whole burner unit now needed replaced, and that a modern unit might not give a suitable burn pattern. He suggests a new burner, and I am inclined to agree, given that I hope to sell up in a couple of years and then the boiler would be a liability.
As I see it I have a choice of conventional or combi boiler with an increase in efficiency, and cost if I go for a combi. I don't reckon I would get a return on my investment if I sell up in 2 years and go for the combi. Any advice? Also I can't seem to find a decent site showing conventional oil fired boilers. I need one about 45Kwh. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Finally any idea what a ball park figure would be on the cost. It will probably involve a bit of coupling pipework, the removal of an asbestos flue, and a new flue

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Grant UK website, HERE

You may not realise the full cost of the installation, but a good boiler now should help when you come to move later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back