Replacing a Danfoss TP One Controller with a Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - new to this site & forum. I was trying to replace a Danfoss TP-One Controller for my daughter with a Hive controller to operate her Alpha E-Tec Plus 33 boiler. The Danfoss controller is in the utility room, with the boiler in the garage. The existing wiring is as in the attached photo. The two wires on right connect to the hall sensor. Just need to know if it can be done & what wire goes where on the Hive. Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Attachments

• 20210209_104320.jpg
    20210209_104320.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 169
Sponsored Links
the Alpha E-Tec plus 33 is a combi boiler yet you have an existing 2 channel controller and are trying to install another 2 channel controller, does she have a \HW Cylinder ?

No Hot Water cylinder - it is a combi - type with the hot water on demand

Sponsored Links
Not sure...that is as wired up when they bought the house. I will read up on the Danfoss TP-One controller a bit more. Thanks for the reply

Seems to be wired to fire up hot water but it is def. a combi with water on demand. Think I will get a sparkie in

Seems to be wired to fire up hot water but it is def. a combi with water on demand. Think I will get a sparkie in
That would be the best idea, as the installation manual for the boiler states that no 2 channel controls to be used, I wouldnt want to give advice on that, as that boiler has an extremely expensive and Flaky PCB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back