Replacing Dual Zone Danfoss Tp Ones with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm looking to replace my Tp One M (zone 1 + Hot Water) and Tp One B (Zone 2) with a Hive (for One M) and Hive mini (for One B). The problem is that the wiring for my thermostats doesn't seem to match what I expected.

TP One M​

778C8172-A6A5-4003-9FEB-CAB66BC4A1E3.jpg

TP One B​

6E66738F-4712-4659-8476-E4E03B0D2DAB.jpg

I seem to have multiple wires on the TP One M at Live, Neutral and COM and the Live and COM are not bridged (opposite to every other example I've found of these units). In other cases it is simply Live to Live, Neutral to Neutral and ON1 to Heating and ON2 to HW but I have all these extra cables.

My other complication is that the TP One B has no 230v supply, although it is probable that COM is live so I could bridge it with a wire. This still leaves me without a neutral and no lucky spare cable as was the case here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Other example setups I have found:
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-2-channel-wiring-replace-danfoss-tpone-m.556921/
https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/new-home-2-zone-heating-tpone-m-to-hive-2-zone.600363/

Sponsored Links
yes that is the correct kit you will need to install both receivers where the wiring centre is and the receivers get connected to the corrospondin zone valves, the valves will then control the boiler and pump

yes that is the correct kit you will need to install both receivers where the wiring centre is and the receivers get connected to the corrospondin zone valves, the valves will then control the boiler and pump
Thanks for confirming kit. I thought I would be able to install the receivers in location of the Danfoss units - is this not the case based on the wiring running to them?

EDIT
I should add that my house has a HW cylinder so installing two receivers on the wiring centre would be a pain because it’s on the cylinder

no all the wiring is already in the wiring centre you dont need to go near anywhere else, if you havent already bought your hive kit look on screwfix they are doing a Black friday deal with 30% off

Thanks for confirming kit. I thought I would be able to install the receivers in location of the Danfoss units - is this not the case based on the wiring running to them?

EDIT
I should add that my house has a HW cylinder so installing two receivers on the wiring centre would be a pain because it’s on the cylinder
The wiring centre is not on the cylinder, post pics of your set up including the cylinder and existing zone valves

Sponsored Links
look on screwfix they are doing a Black friday deal with 30% off
Exactly where I got the dual channel unit and radiator thermostats from! The hubless single zone mini was cheaper direct.

The wiring centre is not on the cylinder, post pics of your set up including the cylinder and existing zone valves
So beyond the two Danfoss units on their respective walls and the Ideal heat 15 boiler with isolation switch, I am only aware of the plumbing and electrics in the airing cupboard relating to the CH and HW.

The cylinder is a pre-plumbed Kingspan unit given I’m in a new build. I’ve attached images of the cylinder and valves along with the two white housings on the cylinder.

The upper unit looks to be the wiring centre to me. The lower one should be the back up immersion heater and cylinder thermostat

Attachments

• E5C4AD24-2FA8-43D5-A206-D73ECA64FA2B.jpeg
    E5C4AD24-2FA8-43D5-A206-D73ECA64FA2B.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 85
  • 01DD887B-CC1F-4575-BCD7-5B7AA263A2E3.jpeg
    01DD887B-CC1F-4575-BCD7-5B7AA263A2E3.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 9EE70463-04C2-40EE-B1A9-472E492868CD.jpeg
    9EE70463-04C2-40EE-B1A9-472E492868CD.jpeg
    283.4 KB · Views: 80
  • C1142187-3CD0-4F27-AA2D-F6D3F6719689.jpeg
    C1142187-3CD0-4F27-AA2D-F6D3F6719689.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 82
That is indeed your wiring centre, you will install the two receivers on the wall and run cables to the wiring centre, or you could put the dual channel receiver where the TP one m is, but the single channel receiver needs 4 wires, you only have two, if there are additional cores behind there you might be able to put the receiver there

I don’t think there is any other cables for the one B so I could only get Live by bridging COM (assuming COM actually is live as per other installs) so I shall have to place that receiver in the cupboard.

If I replace the one M by installing the hive receiver in the same location, can you tell if my wiring will just swap over or if there’s something more complicated with my apparent abundance of wires going to the one M?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back