Replacing a Drayton LP522/DigistatSCR with a Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all. I was after some advice about installing a Hive to replace a Drayton LP522/DigistatSCR controlling a Vaillant Ecotech Plus 630.

The current wiring seems to just have N (blue), L (brown), 3 (grey), and 4 (black) connected.

Do I need to make any changes or add any links to get this working?

I am unsure how the LP522 wiring is connected to the DigistatSCR and how to disable it.

Thanks in advance.

Haywire678

Drayton_diagram.jpeg
Drayton_connections.jpeg
Hive.png

Sponsored Links
I found this rather useful video on YouTube.

It looks like I do not need to alter the connections in the baseplate, but will need to find the additional junction box (probably in the roof space), disconnect the wired DigistatSCR, and short two of the terminals, or just transfer one wire to a new terminal pin.

Yep, seems like you’ve figured it out.

just join wires in 1&3 at the scr, isolate everything safely, no need to go into the loft

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Ian, just to clarify, I should put a link wire between terminals 1 and 3 on the back plate in my second diagram?

Thanks Ian. Now I understand.
By the way, does anybody make a junction box that connects to a back plate?
It would be quite useful if you could do the wiring in the junction box and then just clip it onto the backplate.
That way if you needed to go back to the old system you could just take the junction box off and clip in the SCR.

just join the wires in a terminal strip, isolate , tuck into the back box and fit a blanking plate, or if you cant be bothered put both wires in the same terminal on the SCR and refit it , does the same thing

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back