Replacing a featheredge panel in a concrete post?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get some new fencing, and wanted to go for the featheredge/closed board fence, but use concrete posts rather than timber.

Not knowing much about the construction of these at first, I had assumed I would simply get framed ones that would fit into slotted concrete posts. However, these aren't really secure and can be lifted out fairly easily, which is great when replacing them, but do allow easy access to your property.

I then found out that rather than using framed ones, they can be built on site and fitted to concrete posts that have holes in, so 2 or 3 horizontal timbers can be fitted in, then the boards fixed to them. I liked the sound of this, but then thought how do you go about replacing these as and when you have too? The concrete posts wont move to be able to get the horizontal timber out, and if you cut it, how do you then put a new one in?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back