Replacing built-under oven with new one - need minor works cert?

So the planning dept can’t read one sentence either. As has been said never assume those in charge know what they are doing.
I never assume people know what they are doing and especially those posting on forums until I get to 'know them'.

However whether it was right or wrong it was the system in place at the time and without a cert one didn't get the work. A bit like NICEIC itself, started out as nothing and convinced others they were the top dog and now one has to be a member (others exist) to do certain aspects of electrical work.

Sponsored Links
So the planning dept can’t read one sentence either. As has been said never assume those in charge know what they are doing.
I too don’t want to start a slanging match. Not today, anyways.

It may be better for the less well-versed reader. The “one sentence” document referred to is the Statutory Instrument (P1). Basically all it says is that all electrical work should done safely. Read it here:

The “part P qualification” - and what building control concern themselves - with is the APPROVED DOCUMENT. This is a government document that provides ways that P1(the LAW) can be complied with. It also provides procedures (eg notification) and documentation that is necessary for certain electrical works.

You mean try telling them they were conned.
It wasn't a case of being conned.

That they called it by a wrong name did not alter anything.
It was what you had to do to be able to self-certify, i.e. self-notify - another mistake.

The whole process was an unnecessary con made up on false pretences - as shown in 2013 when, in England, it was virtually abolished with only enough of it remaining to still charge the only people who did not really need to register.
By that I mean that the ancillary trades whom it was introduced to regulate no longer had to register.

Did they get false paperwork I wonder?
I suppose they did.

1672053623356.png

Sponsored Links
A sane Electrician won't attend a job for £50. At least around £80 (exclusive of any materials) would be more realistic.
However that isn't an uncommon fitting addition by the supplier. However the restrictions tend to be extreme.

However that isn't an uncommon fitting addition by the supplier. However the restrictions tend to be extreme.
Fair point, but it will be tied in with delivery. Although I heard of one from a large retailer on Christmas Eve who advised that delivery would be £20 +VAT, and installation an extra £100 +VAT. (Obviously installation before Christmas would not have been realistic in this instance.) So £50 still seems exceedingly unlikely.

Fair point, but it will be tied in with delivery. Although I heard of one from a large retailer on Christmas Eve who advised that delivery would be £20 +VAT, and installation an extra £100 +VAT. (Obviously installation before Christmas would not have been realistic in this instance.) So £50 still seems exceedingly unlikely.
Fair do's, I've just checked on a national companys site and £100 presumably +VAT) for delivery and installation, whereas our new washing machine from them was £20 delivery whether to the store or home which then included installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back