Replacing Clay Gully

14 Aug 2011
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me some ideas on the best way of replacing a clay gully with a plastic gully. Currently i have a cast iron down pipe which is connected to a hopper at the top, this carries waste from my bath,basin and condenser pipe down to a exposed clay channel , I also have the kitchen sink waste pipe which discharges on the channel and then runs into into a square clay gully. I want to replace this with a plastic gully and, at the same time get rid of the clay channel. Whats the best way in replacing this.
Sponsored Links
Can you site the new gulley under the cast downpipe in such a position that any discharge is not going to soak the house walls? Connecting plastic pipes into a new plastic gulley is not such a difficult job, appropriate fittings are available, but cast is no so easy, and with boiler condensate going into it as well, may now be the time to replace the hopper with plastic. This can then be tied into a back inlet connection and the wastes simply extended to discharge below the grid of the new gulley.

This would eliminate the clay channel and should hopefully leave a tidy job, and remove the unsanitary affair you currently have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links