Replacing existing show pump In loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Looking for a bit of advise before next step.

Moved in earlier this year. House is 4 bed, 1 bathroom 2 ensuites.
Extension has 1 of the ensuites which has a shower pump lovating in the loft above.

I’ve attached a basic,but hopefully clea, diagram of how the shower/pump is plumbed in.

Shower is a mira excell pre 2003

Pump is wickes twin impeller 1.5 bar.

Recently i’ve been having problem with the shower not getting hot, warm-ish but not comfortable enough for a shower. Even when turned right up.

I have 2 questions.

1) Is the problem with my shower the pump (which is quite noisy) or the showers thermostat?
- i’d like to add that the pipe after the pump does seem hot/warm when running.

2) i’d like to replace the pump with something quieter. Looking at the way its plumbed in and installation instructions on other pump models, i get then impression it’s not been done correctly. Can someone confirm if this the case?

Apologies for the long thread, I appreciate you reading and your replies.

4C142834-F966-4FD6-95EF-405AC05C38B1.jpeg

Sponsored Links
If the shower worked well with the existing pumped set up when you moved in ,but now does not give water as hot as it used to ,then its the shower valve thats the problem. As its 15 years old ,fit a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back