Replacing glow-worm hideaway - BG quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BG came yesterday...and admittedly there is a considerable amount of work needed:

replace/move existing boiler
replace/move HW/CW tanks into the attic room
remove the header tank from attic room
fit two radiators in the attic rooms
fit radiator in basement

with all the associated bits and bobs....trv, powerflush, magnaclean etc etc

However it was a pretty stonking quote of £6,500 :eek: Now don't begrudge a premium for being able to rely on a large firm, with all its backup and the ability to fit it in the next few weeks....but....its a bit more than I was expecting. At the moment waiting for a number of plumbers to get back to me to come round to quote (npower can't come out for another month!) so was just wondering - rule of thumb - how much more expensive are BG than other installers (%)?

Sponsored Links
Try taking off about £2500 and you will be much nearer the proper going rate.

Sponsored Links
I think the main clue could be on the left of my posts that says Norwich :eek: :LOL:

Try taking off about £2500 and you will be much nearer the proper going rate.

Possible, but then maybe not. Removing tanks in loft could suggest an unvented setup as no mention of a combi boiler - and it sounds a big place so a combi wouldn't cut it.

Until March/April time when things are back to normal central heating work will surely carry a premium. Supply and demand and all that. My works already been pushed back by about 3 weeks.

Would have thought BG prices would remain constant - One of the advantages of a National Firm :idea:

Would have thought BG prices would remain constant - One of the advantages of a National Firm :idea:

also depends on the TSA that visits. be sure to get the posh biccies out. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back