Replacing inspection cover with rodding eye

Hi Garyo, sorry to bother you. But a number of years ago we had to replace an inspection lid that had split because the house owner kept driving over it. We ended up using the lid as a template and fit a rodding eye into a frame, this was then put back into chamber and concreted over leaving a flush rodding eye to the floor line. Looked mint and helped the house holder. That could be an easier option for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks Johnny. The main problem is that I have a 600mm wide trench under that 300mm wall, so one way or another the current chamber needs to be ripped out.

Sponsored Links
How deep is the drain? If under 600mm, put a mini chamber there on the bend, with screw down lid. Access in both directions, and jobs a good un.

How deep is the drain? If under 600mm, put a mini chamber there on the bend, with screw down lid. Access in both directions, and jobs a good un.

Definitely less than 600mm. I have a 300mm plastic chamber in the shed so it's an option. I picked up a bag of soil connectors, clay to PVC connectors, and pipe yesterday so I'm set up to do it either way now. I think I'll smash out the masonry chamber on Saturday and then take stock based on the exact measurements.

Sponsored Links
All bases loaded now Garyo, sat with a full hand. That’s good like this site proper advice.

Either way, if it's going in the garage, and cars are likely to be driving over, make sure the cover is rated for the traffic. Plastic covers may not stand weight of a car, and you dont want to be trying to fish bits back out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back