Replacing kitchen ceiling

Oh and what would be my best bet for securing the 3x2 frame, would long screws and wall plugs cut it? Or would I be better off boring holes in the wood and using anchor bolts into the wall? (Or something else?)

Oh and on the subject of hazards, whilst having a quick look for the cause of the leak coming from under the sink I found this little gem
a22eeddd.jpg

Think I might get that moved...

Sponsored Links
Oh and what would be my best bet for securing the 3x2 frame, would long screws and wall plugs cut it? Or would I be better off boring holes in the wood and using anchor bolts into the wall? (Or something else?)

You could plug and screw the two sides and when you cut your 3x2s to go across make sure they are a tight fit and they will help to brace it all together...

....... or thunderbolts to opposite walls with small joist hangers to hand the joists on.

Sponsored Links
I'm starting to wonder if I might be aswell just getting the sparky to put in the downlighters and get a plasterer to tidy up the ceiling a bit. Then I can have a taller ceiling which might make the room feel bigger and maybe get a better light distribution + the outlay that would have gone out on the wood and plasterboard could go towards the extra labour costs.

Just to update (I know a bit late ! )
Here's what the kitchen looks like now, still pokey - but an improvement

28b97eb8.jpg

2aa2997a.jpg

cc933862.jpg

2f2c1d5a.jpg

That picture's a year old, it's been corrected since

My father fitted the strip, I didn't have the heart to tell him.

I'm swapping the hob, but the hob I fancy is slightly bigger than the existing (10 mm) can anyone recommend the best way of opening it up with the worktop in situ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back