Replacing room stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could anybody help I've got a old potterton prt2 room thermostat and want to replace it with a
HONEYWELL T6360B-1036 or a modern new thermostat just wondering which wires go where to the new thermostat this is a pic of my old one any help much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_222726.jpg
    IMG_20191214_222726.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 288
Sponsored Links
Or would a hive be possible to replace it I have a potterton ep2002 program timer aswell

Are they are nice them potterton stats.
Still fetch good money on eBay.

Red is live
Yellow call for heat.
Blue neutral

a hive would be ok there.

Thanks for the reply they have discontinued them I've looked and carnt find a new one anywhere

Sponsored Links
Is the hive straight forward fit would a hive heating and hot water work it's a gravity fed system with a grundfos central heating pump and a motorised 3 way valve the program timer is a potterton ep2002

Last edited:
With the hive would I just wire the receiver upto the room thermostat then put the wireless thermostat controller next to it or does it have to get wired up to the program timer would it wire up like this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191215_073357_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191215_073357_com.android.chrome.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 239
If the hive has hot water control and you want it to. It needs connecting at the timer (or instead of timer)

Otherwise do at you say

Most of the modern smart thermostats learn, it is unlikely they can learn when being switched off all the time with the timer, so a cheap thermostat will likely work just as well, the Flomasta 22199SX will likely do the job for you with added bonus it is programmable so switches heat up/down rather than on/off. You would only use red and yellow wires, the blue just fold over and tape up.

The Hive / Nest / Other replaces the existing programmer, and the wiring to the thermostat is linked out or ideally disconnected at the wiring box and a link installed instead.

It's not just replacing the thermostat.

Thanks for all the replys so I can just replace the thermostat with the hive receiver as I only want it for the central heating would that work

Yes, but the whole point of RF and WiFi devices is so that you don't need cables all over the place and accessories on the walls.

Assuming there is good reception between the transmitter and receiver.

And you have something suitable to cover the area where the old stat was.

And you can identify the wires at the other end

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back