Replacing shower, what size cable is this

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to order the parts to renew my bathroom. Though I better check what size shower/cable is there just now. The shower is a trion 8.5 and the fuse in the fusebox is marked ln5945 b45 -so a 45.

I am unsure of the size of existing cable, can someone confirm the size? I have a mira sport max 10.8 ready to be ordered.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
it should have the size embossed into it somewhere along it's length.. normally every 2 foot or so.. get up into the loft and trace it back and have a look..

if it doesn't then try the table in the link BAS provided.. 10mm is about 17mm wide, as opposed to 6mm which is about 14mm wide..

Looks 100% like 6mm to me.

10mm has a stranded earth, and the conductors in proportion to everything in the pics indicate to me it is most definantly 6mm.

Sponsored Links
Looking at where it passes through the 20mm hole in the metal box I'd say it looked like 17mm across? Which should make it 10mm sq.

It's always best to put a micrometer across the copper conductor, then work out the cross sectional area, if you're not sure.

Also need some earth sleeving on those CPCs in the isolator.
Is supplementary bonding in place?

Can you imagine a solid 4mm conductor?

126303-41311.jpg

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back