Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Second post in 11 years and boiler related...

Couple of days ago I noticed the display on 7501 had gone off and heating permanently on, so went and got some more bats and was about to install when I noticed there was some corrosion residue. So I popped it of the wall and saw that that one of the negative terminals had completely dissolved. Ok time to look for new unit, we’ve only been in the house two years. As the 7501 is end of life and I think would have been installed when house build 14 years. I’ve looked up and alternative (TLX 1010, as advised on Sunvic site) but wanted to if this would be a slot in or would need alteration as I can’t find any pics to see pin placings etc.

look forward to any advice.
Thanks Tom

p.s, I’ve search wiki and forum for possible answers.

Sponsored Links
Are you buying a whole new unit, and need help with wiring, or are you asking if it will pair up with existing receiver?

The TLX 1010 is a wireless RF roomstat that requires a thermostat and a receiver it is not a straight swap for a TLX 7501

Thanks for the quick replies..

Are you buying a whole new unit, and need help with wiring, or are you asking if it will pair up with existing receiver?

Hi novice I was looking to pair up new unit with existing receiver, but looking around I don’t seem to be able to find receiver.

The TLX 1010 is a wireless RF roomstat that requires a thermostat and a receiver it is not a straight swap for a TLX 7501

Ian as far as I can see from download manual the 7501 is a wireless unit as well?

Tom.

Sponsored Links
Hi Tom,

I doubt it’ll link up with existing, but maybe ask Sunvic if it will. If not just buy a new wireless thermostat set.

Ian as far as I can see from download manual the 7501 is a wireless unit as well?
No it is a hard wired electronic battery powered thermostat, that is why you cant find a receiver, you can replace it in the same place with any battery powered hard wired thermostat

Hi there,

Second post in 11 years and boiler related...

Couple of days ago I noticed the display on 7501 had gone off and heating permanently on, so went and got some more bats and was about to install when I noticed there was some corrosion residue. So I popped it of the wall and saw that that one of the negative terminals had completely dissolved. Ok time to look for new unit, we’ve only been in the house two years. As the 7501 is end of life and I think would have been installed when house build 14 years. I’ve looked up and alternative (TLX 1010, as advised on Sunvic site) but wanted to if this would be a slot in or would need alteration as I can’t find any pics to see pin placings etc.

look forward to any advice.
Thanks Tom

p.s, I’ve search wiki and forum for possible answers.
Hi Tom,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in - I have a TLX7501 that needs replaced, did you ever work out how to replace and which unit / receiver did you use.

Thanks
Andrew

Hi Tom,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in - I have a TLX7501 that needs replaced, did you ever work out how to replace and which unit / receiver did you use.

Thanks
Andrew
I was just wondering if you read the answer from ianmcd, two above yours. It might give you the information you want.

I've actually bought a similar one myself recently, so I know some of the models. My situation is unusual, though, because I have a very old boiler which doesn't work well with TPI, which is an algorithm many thermostats use these days to control the temperature. So, if you want to go into more detail, it might be useful to know if you have a gas or oil boiler, and how old, and model if possible

I was just wondering if you read the answer from ianmcd, two above yours. It might give you the information you want.
Thank you. My original plumber Is calling with me Monday, hopefully he’ll have something he can fit, or advise to fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back