The 2nd Kitchen light switch cables

DSC00645.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

DSC00638.jpg

The JB which is temp. making the kitchen ring part of the downstairs ring

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

Sponsored Links
What's this obsession with sockets when FCUs would be a more elegant solution?

The 15A one is for the worktop socket, I used a 15A Round Pin Socket, fed by an switched FCU (above the wall cupboards) here because I did not want the fuse for the worktop to be stuck beheid the corner floor cupboard where I would not be able to get to it if the fuse blowed.
OK - I understand the FCU logic, but why the 15A socket? How often will you want to unplug the worktop sockets and move them somewhere else? Why not just use a flex outlet plate?

The 5A ones are for the undercupboard lights, I used sockets instead of FCU's because as the undercupboard lights are to be on the back extension lighting circuit, I did not want to have lots of unnessesre fuses for the undercupboard lights, as they will be protected by the 6A RCBO for the back extension lighting circuit.
But how often will you want to unplug the lights and move them somewhere else? Why not use flex outlet plates?

A ring final circuit is not a circle it is two routes to a supply source.

I think the clue is in the name here, ring main/fc - if the actual definition of it is two routes back to the same source, then should I change the 2.5mm spur off my ring main to a 4mm because it's wired from the supply souce, and not a spur off the ring, by your definition?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back