Replacing the Kitchen

Temp. Electric Supply to the Covered Courtyard.

The supply plugs for the temp. courtyard power feed

DSC00614.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

Supply cables from shed to courtyard

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

The 16A blue commando connectors

DSC00394.jpg

The Waterproof box for the sockets

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

The closed waterproof box

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

The kitchen wall where the outside tap & socket were

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

Sponsored Links
I dont understand why you insist on keeping the wine cooler running throughout this. Its hardly esssential, is it?

And why must we have this step by step dissection of everything that it in your kitchen / outdoor courtyard?

Yes, we like pictures, but not wine racks and feckin tumble dryers!

Please, stick to the point, MDB.

You started in September and it looks like you'll be done by Christmas..

Here are some more pictures

3rd Kitchen Light Switch (By Bathroom Door)

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

The 1st gang is for the bathroom light & the 2nd gang (On 2way switching with 2nd gang of 1st Kitchen Light Switch, by the dining room door) is for the 4 downlights in the ceiling, down the bathroom end of the Kitchen.

DSC00411.jpg

Worktop Socket

DSC00457.jpg

The socket for the worktop socket

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

The fridge socket

DSC00528.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00533-1.jpg

The 1st Kitchen Light Switch

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

The 1st Gang is the 5 kitchen downlights at the dining room end of the kitchen, the 2nd Gang is the 4 kitchen downlights at the bathroom end of the kitchen, & the 3rd Gang is all of the undercupboard lights.

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Kitchen Downlights

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00544.jpg

DSC00545.jpg

The 1st undercupboard light

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

More general pictures of the kitchen are on this post: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=871961#871961

Sponsored Links
And why must we have this step by step dissection of everything that it in your kitchen / outdoor courtyard?

Yes, we like pictures, but not wine racks and feckin tumble dryers!
You must admit though that it's huge relief to find out how much paper was used on the ceiling.

I dont understand why you insist on keeping the wine cooler running throughout this. Its hardly esssential, is it?

If I told my wife she was going to have no kitchen for 7 months, I think she'd insist on having her wine chilled.

What's this obsession with sockets when FCUs would be a more elegant solution?

The 15A one is for the worktop socket, I used a 15A Round Pin Socket, fed by an switched FCU (above the wall cupboards) here because I did not want the fuse for the worktop to be stuck beheid the corner floor cupboard where I would not be able to get to it if the fuse blowed.

The 5A ones are for the undercupboard lights, I used sockets instead of FCU's because as the undercupboard lights are to be on the back extension lighting circuit, I did not want to have lots of unnessesre fuses for the undercupboard lights, as they will be protected by the 6A RCBO for the back extension lighting circuit.

The 2nd one BTW looks too close to that surface.

The 2nd socket is for the 1st undercupboard light, & is about 3cm from the top of the wall cupboard.

Is it only me that thinks a single 3 tripple socket protected by a 13A fuse is not really enough for the whole of a kitchen work surface? Or am I missing more further along?
Why the masses of wire behind the accessories too? I understand leaving them long enough so the accessory can be replaced at a later date.

DSC00531.jpg

Any reason why the earths are terminated like that.
The socket earth bar is now acting as part of the earth continuity conducter.

Is it only me that thinks a single 3 tripple socket protected by a 13A fuse is not really enough for the whole of a kitchen work surface? Or am I missing more further along?

The worktop socket is only used for the toaster, or waffle maker, or wisk. The worktop socket is in the worktop in the corner of the cooker side of the kitchen.

Why the masses of wire behind the accessories too? I understand leaving them long enough so the accessory can be replaced at a later date.

Do you mean all of the cables behied the light switches, if so, there are so many as:

The 1st sw has: 1 x 3C+E for the 2w link to the 3rd sw, & 2 x T+E for the Perm. Live & the 3 SR's.

The 3rd sw has: 1 x 3C+E for the 2w link to the 1st sw, 1 x T+E for the Perm. Live & Neutral, & 1 x T+E for the SR Live & Perm. Neutral to the Bathroom Light.

It just doesn't seem like many sockets to me for a kitchen work area even if they are not currently intended for continuous use, doesn't leave many options open.

It just doesn't seem like many sockets to me for a kitchen work area even if they are not currently intended for continuous use, doesn't leave many options open.

On the cooker side of the kitchen there is a DSO behied the fridge, a DSO above the corner wall cupboard, the 3 gang pullup worktop socket, & a 1g undercupboard socket for the TV.

On the sink side of the kitchen there is 2 x 1g undercupboard sockets (1 for the cordless phone charger & 1 for the kettle), 1 (unsw) SSO under the worktop for the dishwasher (controlled by a DP SW above the worktop), & 1 (sw)SSO for the scale reducer.

And when the covered courtyard is turned into the utitly room it will be on its own ring circuit. In the utitly room ring will be: Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Wine Cooler, Microwave, Slow Cooker, & Bread Maker

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back