Repressurising Boiler After Bleeding Radiators

ode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently I had been experiencing cold / noisy radiators in my flat and so yesterday I bled the radiators. After doing this the when I turned the heating on, I couldn't hear the boiler (located in the kitchen) working and the radiators wouldn't come on.

Even though the boiler didn't seem to be coming on and I turned the thermostat off there was still noise coming from the water cupboard in the hall (where the tank is located) like the system was on. I didn't know why this was happening so just switched the system off with the switch next the timer box in the kitchen and the noise stopped in the cupboard.

I Googled this morning and found that I probably had to re-pressurise the boiler after I had bled the radiators. I haven't had to do this before as it's my first place and it's worked faultlessly up to now.

The video's on Youtube showing how to do this all seem to show the filling loop on or next to the boiler. It isn't there in my case. There is no visible loops, valves or gauges on or next to the boiler.

Am I right in assuming that the chrome hose in the water cupboard is the filling loop? If I just turn the screw on the valve on the right end of the hose anti-clockwise should it re-pressurise the system?

Also, should I turn the system back on with the switch in the kitchen before I do this?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Yes you repressurise by turning the screw on the loop, however, you should first check the expansion vessel pressure at the valve under the black cap. Should be around 0.8 Bar...see FAQs.

• Thanks
Reactions: ode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back