Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can we have a reputation system like some other forums? Users get the chance to +/- other users reputation depending on whether they've been helpful or rude.

The reputation is displayed under the post count so it's easy to see how reliable a user's posts may or may not be. It's not a perfect system, but it's better than looking at post count and allows some obvious trolls to be marked out for all to see. It also highlights the many users who offer their expert advice time and time again.

Sponsored Links
diy_darren said:
other users reputation depending on whether they've been helpful or rude.

and allows some obvious trolls to be marked out for all to see. It also highlights the many users who offer their expert advice time and time again.

Some contributers are sometimes very, very, helpful and at other times very,very, rude,

The obvious trolls, like myself, are also highlighted since without the practical abilities we can only ask for advise and be grateful for that given.

The experts already stand out with their numerous and named, valuable contributions

diy_darren said:
Can we have a reputation system like some other forums? Users get the chance to +/- other users reputation depending on whether they've been helpful or rude.
B*******s to that.

Sponsored Links
Victor_meldrew.JPG

Someone who modified my post said:
B*******s
FYI, there are too many asterisks there - it now looks as though the swear filter bleeped out the word "Barnacles", or some such. :confused:

Softus said:
Someone who modified my post said:
B*******s
FYI, there are too many asterisks there - it now looks as though the swear filter bleeped out the word "Barnacles", or some such. :confused:

Don't worry about it Softus, the ice around your postings is very, very thick and perfect skating on.

In that case please come and join me for an autumnal BBQ. :D

Softus said:
In that case please come and join me for an autumnal BBQ. :D

Unless you live in Spain or the Bahamas or somewhere equally exotic, not a chance!

Sponsored Links
Back