Require new Boiler BTU ? KW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water Systems said:
2 x installtion costs,

One installation cost, as both in one house. Fitting two side by side takes no time at all.

As anyone who has installed boilers knows, fitting two boilers is almost twice as much work ! Then there is the control and sequencing system!

Water Systems, who retired some while ago, has never installed a domestic boiler in his life so how would he know? Just as well really as he was not CORGI registered !

Also Viessmann use independent Service Agents, not staff engineers.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
2 x installtion costs,

One installation cost, as both in one house. Fitting two side by side takes no time at all.

As anyone who has installed boilers knows, fitting two boilers is almost twice as much work !

NO. not when side by side. You have never done that - you change gas valves. He goes on....

Then there is the control and sequencing system!

You have probably not noticed, but there is none on a combi, just a wire to battery stat/clock.

I will have to snip the rest as it is silly

<snip the rest>

Paul Barker said:
Seriously when I come your way do you fancy a meet up some time so we can slag off Water Systems behind his back.

Sounds good to me Paul! :evil: :LOL:

Bacon Sandwich?

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:

do yourself a favour salesman p**s off :rolleyes:

that do you bonny lad :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well said Kev and Agile. As a relative newbie to this Forum I was unaware that Mr Water systems is well know and loved :LOL: :LOL:

What I find depressing is this miss giuded opinion seems to materialise regarding everybody who bothers to get themselves registered and qualified.
In my experience of actually training poeple to pass the assesments to get qualified I often found it was the people who couldnt pass the assessments who slagged off the whole process :?: :idea:

One thing that always puzzles me is the people that have high flowrate Combi's installed, and then complain that they are having problems, when they are struggling to get 12lpm incoming cold water through their old black alkethene supply.

Water Systems - From your sometimes indiscriminate use of the words CORGI and Shark, is it to be assumed that you consider, for example, that
of the 50,000 or so regd. companies and all their enlisted operatives not a single sole will have to their credit, apart from their CORGI ID card and ACS:

- C&G qualifications eg Plumbing Craft etc
- Other engineering qualifications
- Other trades qualifications
- Related experience
- A proven track record of satisfying customers through professional workmanship

- Resentment at the current system - but in the agonising position of having to choose whether to make a unilateral stand against it or continue to feed their families?

Nixt said:
Water Systems - From your sometimes indiscriminate use of the words CORGI and Shark, is it to be assumed that you consider, for example, that
of the 50,000 or so regd. companies and all their enlisted operatives not a single sole will have to their credit, apart from their CORGI ID card and ACS:

A man off the street and can be up and running wirthin months. That is short changing the customer indeed. The old apprentice system was 5 years with C&G college courses.

Which one do you think the public deserves?

Water Systems - I agree, but you know full well that was not the question. I repeat do you consider that no-one carrying the CORGI card has any other qualification or experience?

You are of cousre not obliged to answer it.

WATER SYSTEMS,i understand what your trying to portray about skill qualifications, but i know of many apps who have in recent years left their 4 yr app course with distinctions and more quals than any of us.yet i wouldnt trust half with any of my work.no common sense.

Nixt said:
Water Systems - I agree, but you know full well that was not the question. I repeat do you consider that no-one carrying the CORGI card has any other qualification or experience?

You are of cousre not obliged to answer it.

I'm sure there are. Many just dop not and enter people's homes after a few months. And these will be the biggest shouter and defenders of the Corgi system and decry competent DIYers.

I employed one of those, fully qualified he lasted 8 weeks, what a load of rubbish. Give me a 50 year old man who has worked hard all his life that is hungry for work but no plumbing experience any day.

MOD 2

i am locking this topic as it now has nothing to do with the op's question and has become a corgi debate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back