Resignations At Tower Fire Council

Sponsored Links
"As council leader I have to accept my share of the responsibility for these perceived failings"

Perceived?

Perceived?

Every one is very quick to condemn the council but I wonder how well any council would deal with the situation.

If the entire staff and councillors were in obvious public view in Hi Viz jackets then there would be no one in the back office making arrangements to house the evacuaees. Booking hotel rooms and re-organising builders to get new housing finished ASAP for evacuees. I didn't notice any of the public donating mobile homes along with food and clothing. ( Some locals did offer rooms and other acommodation in their homes. )

There are many UN perceived things that have to be managed.

The people who said the cladding they sold was safe should be resigning, but after they have put large sum of their money on deposit for compensation.

Booking hotel rooms and re-organising builders

you think the councillors would be doing that? In the same way that in their normal job they go round hanging doors and phoning plumbers?

Their job is to see that assistance offices are set up, registers are kept of survivors and missing, mobile phones and sims issued so contact can be maintained, council staff or other volunteers given desk space.

There was no shortage of volunteers and offers of help. There was an absence of organisation.

Sponsored Links
There was an absence of organisation.

VISIBLE organisation

Their job is to see that assistance offices are set up,

Premises, staffing, communications, toilets, security, and a host of other things to be arranged. It doesn't happen in a few hours.

Did they have a resilience plan for a total loss of a tower block ? And if they did how could that plan be tested in a realistic simulation of the event.

It is impossible to create a 100% effective plan of response for that type of incident

I see that some bloke

Anh Nhu Nguyen has been remanded in custody as he allegedly claimed he lived at the tower block & that his wife & son had died in the fire.

He conned charities & the council out of10 grand whilst posing as a victim for nearly 2 weeks

wonder how many more bogus claims for compensation will be made ???

Last edited:
Anh Nhu Nguyen has been remanded in custody as he allegedly claimed he lived at the tower block & that his wife & son had died in the fire.
This bit is true, but as usual **** end is adding his own bit of imagination with this bit:
He conned charities & the council out of10 grand whilst posing as a victim for nearly 2 weeks
I notice that he is still not disclosing his source of information. IS it because he does not have one, or that he is ashamed of his source?
He is still up to his dirty tricks.

I see that some bloke

:rolleyes:;)

I see that some bloke

For him again in response to what ever he said ??

I'm sure Trannie has some kind of source for the figures he asserts.

I wonder what it is.

What a shame the council was not doing a competent job. You'd think that with a notebook and pencil they could make a list, and issue some kind of photo id, referencing to tenant lists and other records. I recall that one poor sod got a duplicate passport to attend his wife's funeral, but only after national media put the screws on the passport office.

Their job is to see that assistance offices are set up, registers are kept of survivors and missing, mobile phones and sims issued so contact can be maintained, council staff or other volunteers given desk space.

There was no shortage of volunteers and offers of help. There was an absence of organisation.

The Red Cross did a better job after the earthquake in Haiti.

Is Kensington and Chelsea more of a shambles than Haiti after an earthquake?

FFS.

Let Bernard tell us.

Last edited:
"Crisis management at disasters around the world swings into action at varying speeds. But even in remote areas, international bodies have normally set up obvious local centres of support fairly soon after the event.

It has not happened in North Kensington.

Twenty-four hours after the 2010 Haitian earthquake, I arrived to find no international response to speak of.

But within another 24 hours that response was arriving and was significant there three days after the disaster - teams from around the world flying in, crisis centres and the United Nations in control of feeding points and housing solutions.

Yes, there were problems. There always are. But the centralised and visible response was in place days later in a relatively remote area.

That is what appears to be missing in the richest borough in one of the world's leading cities. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40312564

What does Kensington and Chelsea have to do to bring itself up to the standards of Haiti?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40312564

What does Kensington and Chelsea have to do to bring itself up to the standards of Haiti?

I'm sure Trannie has some kind of source for the figures he asserts.

I wonder what it is.

What a shame the council was not doing a competent job. You'd think that with a notebook and pencil they could make a list, and issue some kind of photo id, referencing to tenant lists and other records. I recall that one poor sod got a duplicate passport to attend his wife's funeral, but only after national media put the screws on the passport office.

The Red Cross did a better job after the earthquake in Haiti.

Is Kensington and Chelsea more of a shambles than Haiti after an earthquake?

FFS.

Let Bernard tell us.

well yes U often quote the Independent ?? it was in todays edition ;) and no I have not got a link
look for your self :)

after all this thread was started on a report from the independent :)

Sponsored Links
Back