Resignations At Tower Fire Council

Sponsored Links
Do you think the councillors lack the ability to organise a ****-up in a brewery because they are nof paid enough? Or because they are incompetent idiots?

Probably don't have the money and resources after the last labour government left the country bust.

Roger displays his stunning ignorance again.

K&C had so much spare cash that they gave a £100 rebate to every full-rate council tax payer last year (not the ones on discounts or benefits, obviously).

If I had so much money I could waste over a million a year on an opera festival, I wouldn't moan about being hard up.

Ver

Do you think the councillors lack the ability to organise a ****-up in a brewery because they are not paid enough? Or because they are incompetent politicos?

Not the former, but yes to the latter. High-ranking public sector. Goes with the role.

Sponsored Links
Roger displays his stunning ignorance
Resignations At Tower Fire Council

again.

K&C had so much spare cash that they gave a £100 rebate to every full-rate council tax payer last year (not the ones on discounts or benefits, obviously).

If I had so much money I could waste over a million a year on an opera festival, I wouldn't moan about being hard up.
to be honest words like "stunning ignorance" is not helpful as it suggests compliance and being fully complicit with a situatation where as most will be no more than an oppinion or thought
trying to link others by automatic connection is not a good idea

perhaps I should have said that roger has thrown in another false story in an attempt to divert attention from the poor performance of the K&C council.

While sympathising with the victims, who have been through a terrible ordeal, it is well to remember that Fire Safety is as much a function of how a building is used, as well as how it is designed and constructed.
Some of the photos of the lobbies (taken before the fire) show flat-entrance doors which are clearly uPVC rather than proper fire doors. Fires in individual flats will soon have turned the uPVC into toxic gases, which is the most likely cause of death for the majority of victims.

If only somebody had raised these concerns before the fire.

But wait....

"Residents of Grenfell Tower have said they raised multiple concerns about the risk of fire in the months before the fatal blaze at the building, but were “brushed away” by the council’s tenant management organisation.

Survivors of the disaster said on Wednesday they had raised fears about the fact that there was only one escape route. They also told the Kensington and Chelsea tenant management organisation (KCTMO) of their concerns over the placement of boilers and gas pipes, the absence of a building-wide fire alarm or sprinkler system, and piles of rubbish being dumped and causing a fire risk."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ns-raised-by-grenfell-tower-residents-in-2012

But the council did act on these concerns. What did they do?

"Grenfell Tower blogger threatened with legal action by council after writing about safety concerns"

Instead of taking their concerns seriously, the Conservative-run council replied with its own warning letter from solicitor, Vimal Sama, dated 25 July 2013 and addressed to Francis O’Connor, accusing him of “defamatory behaviour” and “harassment.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-chelsea-council-health-safety-a7792346.html

That should cure the problem....

If only somebody had raised these concerns before the fire.

But wait....

"Residents of Grenfell Tower have said they raised multiple concerns about the risk of fire in the months before the fatal blaze at the building, but were “brushed away” by the council’s tenant management organisation.

Survivors of the disaster said on Wednesday they had raised fears about the fact that there was only one escape route. They also told the Kensington and Chelsea tenant management organisation (KCTMO) of their concerns over the placement of boilers and gas pipes, the absence of a building-wide fire alarm or sprinkler system, and piles of rubbish being dumped and causing a fire risk."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ns-raised-by-grenfell-tower-residents-in-2012

But the council did act on these concerns. What did they do?

"Grenfell Tower blogger threatened with legal action by council after writing about safety concerns"

Instead of taking their concerns seriously, the Conservative-run council replied with its own warning letter from solicitor, Vimal Sama, dated 25 July 2013 and addressed to Francis O’Connor, accusing him of “defamatory behaviour” and “harassment.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-chelsea-council-health-safety-a7792346.html

That should cure the problem....

The residents complained about the lack of a building-wide fire alarm system, but that is not regarded as a safe option because it can cause unnecessary panic; in the building as designed, most fires would be contained within an individual flat.

Most ofthese high blocks are designed with a single staircse, but it is in a protected enclosure;

Gas pipes are allowed in such an enclosure as long as they are steel;

Probably the management is at fault for allowing fire doors to be replaced by crap plastic doors, and also for not getting the common areas clear of rubbish.

Hardly too difficult to raise enough cash when most of the slackers are on benefits.

It's possible roger is not a Londoner, nor interested in social justice, and is not aware that K&C contains the richest, as well as some of the most deprived, parts of Britain. The Royal Borough has the greatest gap between wealth and opportunity of any area in the UK.

Or perhaps he refers to the fact that some very rich people live lives of idle luxury, while the poor struggle to make ends meet on minimum wage and zero-hours contracts.

If K&C had a few more MPs, perhaps Theresa would have bunged them a billion to keep her in her London house.

I wonder what he thinks about the fact that until relatively recently, Kensington and Chelsea contained slums crowded with Irish immigrants.

And that NI contains many descendants of Scots immigrants, perhaps including himself.

It's a jumbled world.

I hope he doesn't get sent back.

Sponsored Links
Back