Resin Anchor’s?

I

iDIY

Hi Guys,

I am going to be fitting the 8x2 wall plates that will hold the floor joists and they will be attached to dense concrete block walls. It will only require about 20 in total so price is not an issue.

What are the best and most convenient types of Resin Anchors to use please? Never used them before so looking for recommendations from those who have.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't bolt a wall plate down.

OK Woody, fair enough, I know that technically the 'wall plate' is atop the inner leaf and is where the rafters sit. However, I am referring to the timber that is sometimes bolted to the face of the inner leaf and is then used to attach joists using joist hangers as per the attached picture. I know you will have an 'official' name for it but if I had used another name then I know others will come along and say no its called this or that.. So before they do can we just not go there and stick to the original question.

P1010206.jpg

Sponsored Links
You don't need resin, the is no pull out force. On this occasion, nosey may just be right.

Out of interest - did you end up using the resin anchors for this, and if so, can you remember at which centres you drills then? 400 centres be plenty?

Finally. Did you attached the joists to the wall like this on both sides? Thanks.

Out of interest - did you end up using the resin anchors for this, and if so, can you remember at which centres you drills then? 400 centres be plenty?

450mm centres staggered as shown in the photo - that way you can ensure you can go into the centre of a block with each fixing (as long as there aren't any cut blocks along the length).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back