restore to factory settings help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone just looking for a pc whizzkid to help with my query please ...I have a phillips Iqon desktop which I got from tesco in 2004 and its been great no problems until now...it has a built in " restore to factory settings " programme which Ive used before with no problems but a few weeks ago I came across this shortcut which said personal backup which I clicked on and it started backing up all my files and the operating programme, it took about 90mins till it finished Im now wondering what the heck Ive done. Anyway last night I decided to restore my pc back to factory settings as its all messed up and running slow and I dont know how to fix the problems and the restore has worked fine before but when I pressed F10 and started the recovery it used the personal backup I made so all the junk is still on there I just want it back to how it was when I bought it. Are there any folders with the personal back up in that I can delete so I can do a clean refomat ?? any ideas please. Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Make sure you chose the fully destructive option for the restore. I can't obviously see your screen, but sometimes its easy to think your doing a full restore, but actually attain just a 'factory' restore that leaves data etc...

Sponsored Links
Back