reusing a disused shower circuit

why bother with the 13A fuse then, just connect it direct to the 10A circuit with a flex outlet plate. ( I presume it's so you don't have to get under the bath to change the fuse? )

Sponsored Links
Done it years ago,think its a 5amp, it also provides double pole isolation for the pump and a nice neon light as well.

Sorry ban, still talking old school, ask for a FCU round here, you get odd looks in the wholesalers.

a nice neon light as well.
the fuse which is behind the bath panels.
Doesn't that mean your nice neon light is also behind the bath panels?
Correct, but at least I know the supply is on or off if I ever need to work on the thing. (After removing the panels).

Sponsored Links
Here's a photo of a cable that was spec'd for a current greater than the rating of its upstream cut-out, but it appears not to have coped very well:

View media item 13137
Do you have any explanation for that?

Apologies for only part quoting, as I am only commenting on this part of the quotation I believe I am not misquoting or taking it out of context.

Its very obvious the left part of the cable has suffered severe heat damage, the right part of the cable has suffered only minor heat damage. In my opinion therefor the heat source was in the grey box (which I assume is the meter) to the left of the picture, not in the cable itself.
Fortunately this is on the suppliers part of the cct so their liability!

The same effect can be demonstrated with a heat gun or blow torch!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back