Rewire questions

With all this talk of Imperial sizes, let's not lose sight of the 0.725 (or 1.38, if it's on the other side) factor for BS 3036 devices..

Sponsored Links
With all this talk of Imperial sizes, let's not lose sight of the 0.725 (or 1.38, if it's on the other side) factor for BS 3036 devices..
I don't think it's been forgotten. That's why PBC and myself said that some of the numerical aspects of ring finals (like minimum permitted CSA) could have been reviewed (and possibly revised) when MCBs became prevalent, but that didn't happen (or, at least, hasn't happened yet).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
My point is that when PBC said "I'm really struggling to see how adopting a system in which a conductor breakage leaving the circuit such that the remaining cable carrying the full demand of the circuit could then easily be overloaded goes with a brief to develop "the best domestic wiring system in the world.", you said "Try reading my post again".

On reading it again one still finds "He was adamant that the brief for the study group was to develop the best domestic wiring system in the world."

But I think I was in rather a hurry on my first reading of the post, and upon re-reading it saw the point being made: The original brief was, apparently, to try and come up with "the best domestic wiring system in the world." It seems that it was later that idea was compromised by introducing things which were expedient for economy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back