Rewiring query - post rewiring certification?

ill tell you something inspection and testing part p niceic is all a lot of bull
dreamt up by people who would like theyre job to be a lot more technical than it actually is or let me guess to make more money either out of the public or electricians im not niceic registered does that mean my grade card doesnt count

What about changing consumer units on "unknown" wiring?

What about when the builders/plumbers screw your cabling up on a refurb?

I used to be pretty slack on the certifying before part P, although I always had a test kit, and I think you're right in that the powers that be get above their station too often, but the requirement for installation certs is good thing.

Sponsored Links
What if the DNOs earth has failed? Without testing you wouldn't know.

If you have an installation with no earth the MCB will quite happily hold in, but you will not have automatic disconnection in the event of a fault, which is pretty dangerous in my opinion.

We NEVER energise a circuit at work without properly testing it. It is rare, but occasionally we do find mistakes. If they are discovered during testing, no one gets hurt, and nothing gets damaged.

There is also the issue of covering your behind should anything ever go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back