Rick Stein's India

L

longdogs

Anyone been watching this programme? A fascinating look a proper Indian food.

Sponsored Links
I saw it when it was on a few months ago and enjoyed it. I don't normally watch cooking shows, but watched all of these. Very good.

I've a few close friends who live in Bombay (yes the name changed but it's still always going to be Bombay) and a year ago I visited there and I had the most fantastic time I've never tasted food like it over there no Indian take away here can match it ( Maybe Chenin Dosa in croyden ;) ) but it was fantastic and the people were amazing so when ricky say's what a good time he's having and how nice the food is I believe him.

Yes, I have been lucky enough to visit India (as a tourist) and saw all the usual tourist attractions. I have no intention to return because of all the visa problems but the one thing I would love to go back for is the food.

A curry every day! loved it! And actually lost weight :D

Sponsored Links
few years back we lived next door to an Indian couple,he also had a Indian restaurant.
when his wife used to cook the smells that used to permeate through the walls were amazing,my missus absolutely loves this food but when they used to cook it it blew her head off.
apparently the English palate cant take real Indian cooking and its been watered down for us.

I've been watching that Paul Hollywoods Bread, on BBC1 Saturday mornings. Very passionate about his bread. ;) ;)

few years back we lived next door to an Indian couple,he also had a Indian restaurant.
when his wife used to cook the smells that used to permeate through the walls were amazing,my missus absolutely loves this food but when they used to cook it it blew her head off.
apparently the English palate cant take real Indian cooking and its been watered down for us.

I've also experienced a Sri Lankan chicken curry (in the hotel, the night we arrived). Now that blew my head off but I was so hungry I didn't care. Apparently, even Indians find Sri Lankan curries too hot.

Only had a proper Indian curry once, and no doubt pleb as I will be labelled, I much prefer English ones. Mind you that said, whilst a real lover of English curries for very many years, I have gone off them, prefer Thai now. (that said our local curry house is charging huge amounts for very very average food. Curry for 4 peeps, knocking on £70, errrm... No.

Nice cheap Thai in town though.

Sponsored Links
Back