Ride on batman car

20 volts DC, the top left on the dial.

Sponsored Links
Backwards definitely has a reading but tricky on my own to keep prongs there for figuring how much. Forwards is no reading at all

There are more complicated tests that can determine which relay is at fault, but the simplest next step is to de-solder both of the blue relays and take them out. Then you can measure resistance across each coil independently, which can't be done in situ.

A working coil will give a reading of about 70Ω.

Sponsored Links
Ok thinking of trying what motorist said as a temp fix til after Xmas so it's not so rushed then get new relays put on.

I think reversing the polarity may damage the p.c.b. or at least not work because of the diodes

I think reversing the polarity may damage the p.c.b. or at least not work because of the diodes

That would be true for swapping the battery terminals, but motorbiking did initially say swap the wires at the motor, which will be fine.

I will remove the motor as see how easy it is to swap the wires. I only plan it being temp :)

Yeah, it looks right, hard to be 100% sure without the datasheet for it though, the link given on that page doesn't work.

I went into store to show them hoping it would b simple but ended up with someone useless he asked someone who told him which to get n then guy come back saying we don't sell that no more :/ he even commented he needed his glasses so I don't know.

So I rang one of my not so local stores and they seem to think that one will be ok so I'm picking them up tomorrow and giving it to my step dad to put them on so fingers crossed I shall keep you all updated :D

Car still wouldn't go forward so I'm unsure what else could be causing the fault now :( I have for now reversed the wires at the motor which made it go forward instead of backwards lol my only guess now is 1 of two things either it is the black relay or something with the circuit board itself just as it's not very clean on the underside.

In the bit circled, that could be a dry solder joint. Does it feel like you can wiggle that pin just a little, compared to the other four?
As you can see from the line I added, it controls the switching of one of the relays.

15121285866821049275746.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back