Ride on batman car

A dry joint won't necessarily show up as a dry joint by wiggling, they are usually caused by heat building up during current draw. Most of those joints look slightly oxidised & I would be inclined to re-sweat them while it is out.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Ok so basically just reheat the solder on them all?

Out of curiosity iv just noticed one of the relays isn't flat to the board could that affect it at all?

Reheat & apply fresh cored solder so that the flux allows clean contact. The relay not being flat should not affect it's operation as long as all the pins penetrated the board.

Ok fresh solder on them :p

Attachments

• 15127337518931353818134.jpg
    15127337518931353818134.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Omg you are amazing I had given up all hope so I guess now i need to swap the motor wires back or the switch will work in the reverse directions right?

Omg you are amazing I had given up all hope so I guess now i need to swap the motor wires back or the switch will work in the reverse directions right?

So... are you saying it works again then? Just back to front from the correct way due to the motor wire swap test?

I'm thinking that's what will happen it's hard to say for sure that's happening because the switch don't say up and down on which makes me wander if it's possible to just put the switch the opposite way into it's place so it wouldn't require swapping wires back. Yep it 100% goes back and forwards now just can't believe Its fixed. And why mum's hubbys work mate didnt know that solder was useless I don't no they r electricians. Ok so it cost me £15 to repair. (£4 for relays, £8 for a soldering iron and £2 for solder ( bought when it didn't work still as I figured at that point there had to be a break in circuit some where) It just wasn't in the spot I tried lol
I am so greatfull to you all if I hadn't decided to keep posting I would have just left it only going forward :D now i have the worst part in all this, getting the switch bit back on, please give me strength lol

makes me wander if it's possible to just put the switch the opposite way into it's place so it wouldn't require swapping wires back.

No, definitely swap the motor wires back over. Didn't you say the car had lights too? The reverse lights will be on going forwards and the headlights on when going backwards for example!!

In hindsight, maybe the relays were fine, but I did say to take them out and test them with the multimeter first before buying new ones!! :p(y)

Well done for fixing it though.

Gaz :)

Yeh I never thought of that lol so il swap em back lol yeh I said the same they prob was fine but then for £4 they was better replaced with 6v ones as u said :D

Alot of shouting at it later it is all back together and the wires are back as they should be on the motor :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back