Ridge and Hip Tile Quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have been quoted £7000 to replace the Ridge and Hip Tiles with a mechanical system (currently there are a lot of gaps in the motar). There are 162 ridge/hip tiles, equivalent to 73 meters. A photo of the house is attached for a general reference. Does this sound a reasonable quote?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3226.jpeg
    IMG_3226.jpeg
    516.1 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
I'm not qualified to comment on whether the £7k quote is reasonable for the required works. What I can say is, where possible, it's always better to obtain 3 (minimum 2) quotes from reputable tradespeople, in this case roofers, to determine who is/isn't competitive price wise. Although remember the old adage, it doesn't always make sense to go with the cheapest quote ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm not qualified to comment on whether the £7k quote is reasonable for the required works. What I can say is, where possible, it's always better to obtain 3 (minimum 2) quotes from reputable tradespeople, in this case roofers, to determine who is/isn't competitive price wise. Although remember the old adage, it doesn't always make sense to go with the cheapest quote ;)
It is from a reputable company and looking for another quote, but difficult to get roofers around at the moment.

It's not a 7000 pound job. Maybe they don't want to do it.

Keep trying , interest rates are on the up, recession Likely, you'll get it done for a 50p

It is from a reputable company and looking for another quote, but difficult to get roofers around at the moment.
I did think £7k was on the steep side, confirmed by one or two others. Yeah getting the quotes can be a challenge, however unless you have the £££ to burn, it makes sense to hold out until you have another couple to compare it with.

I get quotes to re-roof whole hipped semi's for less

Have they quoted for scaffold, which is potentially a grand or so. Reputable firms would scaffold.

Do the hips and ridges need replacing? As opposed to refixing ... mechanically or otherwise.

At what point should you re bed the tiles? If the mortar between is breaking up but the tiles are still solid is it OK to re point them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back