Ridge tile access on a hip roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright lads/ladettes

Ridge tiles are randomly coming off our hipped roof in windy conditions due to rusty screws that are 30+ years old.
My da wants the blown off tile fixed but I want them all rescrewed.

What's the easiest way to do this, the ground around the house is at different levels and slopes etc.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx34Ykhd2y7EeVRQTllWMFg5blE/view?usp=drivesdk
A building friend says tie a roof ladder at both ends at the same angle as the ridge, sounds risky to me.

Sponsored Links
OP,
There's no easy way - best done by a roofer.

I can see a missing hip tile - is that what you are referring to?
A secure tower, and a tied-in (to the tower) roof ladder would get you to the hip(s) or ridge.
Whatever, dont walk on the slates or allow anyone else to walk on them.

AAMOI:
I can also see a faint dark smudge on the chimney breast dash - if you've not had your flues swept (including the redundant flues) maybe do it now.
Where the soffit and gutter meet the inside corner (near a flat roof?) there are water stains - perhaps from overflow?

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll get someone to do it and also look at the other suggestions you've made. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back