Ridge Tiles/Hip Tiles Joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hia. Can anyone advise me how to join the Ridge Tile and Hip Tiles together on my small roof project. I know I have to construct a 'Y' type joint.
Are there any instructions/pictures about just to give me a bit of help

Any help/advice would be appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
This particular (hip end) junction relies on a bit of trial and error, but what i would advise, is that you ensure you are working with full length ridge/hip tiles for the cuts.

This may mean fitting a cut piece just prior to cutting the tiles at the junction.

All three tiles will need material removing from them to get the joints something like.

The above response assumes 'ridge' type coverings and not bonnets or arris hips.

If you were using bonnets or arris type then the top two hips would practically meet together with a hip end capped ridge on top.

Sponsored Links
Simple, lay them on one by one mark along the sides on the roof , put them back on one at a time and join the points of intersection with the ridge tile centre line..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back