Right of access to the neighbour’s land

It is too complicated to explain to you my situation but I am not a properties developer.

I do not want to do anything on the cheap I want simply to try first to find a negotiated solution.

Sponsored Links
I do not want to give too much details about my situation because I do not want to reveal the identities

Sponsored Links
Because out of the millions of people who use the internet, and the thousands that use this forum, the people you have a grievance with are certain to read your posts, know exactly who you are and get wind of the tactics you plot against them.. ?

Go to a solicitor and pay for some advice, and stop posting like the netizens of this forum owe you something

Social forums and solicitors are different matters and do not believe that they are always better only because they take our moneys. Very often they do not know more than you our me I know this by experience

I do not want to give too much details about my situation because I do not want to reveal the identities

Firstly remove your location that is publicly displayed, then post a reasonable description of the issue.

You don't have to say "bob, 52 of 37 nightingale crescent, le371pq is a right miserable git who won't let me in his south facing mature garden to maintain the guttering of my 3 doored blue painted stable block".

Start with this,
Are you intending new building works (inc extensions) or to do some maintenance?
This will define whether or not you even.have an enforcable right of access.

Each of the procedures is dependant on the nature and reason for the works and the specific situation. We don't know that and you don't want to elaborate so there's not a lot more that can usefully be added.

There could be some difference however the main core of the procedure should be the same and I would be very happy to have a summary of the procedures to follow in case a neighbour refuses access concerning both of these two acts.

The guidance and acts of parliaments which are available are quite big and it is difficult to go through them

You will not find any help here.
All the information you need is already linked earlier in this thread.

Or:
Go play with google.

Can a mod lock this? It's going nowhere productive....

The guidance and acts of parliaments which are available are quite big and it is difficult to go through them
Then as with every single field of human endeavour where there are legal and/or financial aspects to the situation, if you are incapable of understanding things yourself you need to engage the services of a professional to act on your behalf.

It is like when we want to learn a subject. We have the choice between buying a book and teaching to ourselves or to attend a shot course and to have a teacher who teach us. It is difficult to find a short course concerning this issue. In fact what I am looking for is not a free lawyer contrary to what some people in this forum think because what I am looking for is a free teacher

Given that you will not explain what the actual issue is, so forum members cannot advise you best.

Perhaps what you need to know is general information.

Neither of those 2 acts give you permission to use your neighbours land, the access act is only for essential maintenance and is NOT going to give you permission to use it if you are building new etc.

You would be better going the softly softly approach armed with bottles of expensive wine and talking nicely and agreeing to your neighbours requirements if you need to use their land while you build etc.

Lodging a sizeable amount of money with a 3rd party ready to make good any damage you make if you do not return their land to its previous condition.

If on the other hand, you don't get on well with them and are at odds with them then your unlikely to get their permission (although a payment helps sweeten the deal) you may find that you need to do it without using their land.

A solicitor will just charge you lots of money to eventually end up at the same information - you have no right to use your neighbours land unless it is essential maintenance.

It is like when we want to learn a subject. We have the choice between buying a book and teaching to ourselves or to attend a shot course and to have a teacher who teach us. It is difficult to find a short course concerning this issue. In fact what I am looking for is not a free lawyer contrary to what some people in this forum think because what I am looking for is a free teacher

using your analogy

you want to learn the 6 times table but because you wont narrow it down you expect people to teach you all the times tables with long multiplication thrown in???

please remember this is a help forum where people give there time for free
we have lives and can do better than be a personal tutor for hours on end ;)

I am looking only for a free lecture and not for several days of free tuition

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back