Rip off Plumb Centre!

Just been to Plumb Centre at lunch to get a few bits for a job I'm doing, was expecting to pay about £20 and came out with £53 of stuff!

Here's what I bought:

Solder
Flux
Double check valve
Isolating valve
Outside tap and wall fitting
2 drain valves
3 washing machine taps
20 pipe clips

That was all for 15mm pipework and the total from PlumbCenter was £53.61!

Pricing all that up on ScrewFix came to £19.27!

What's going on?!
if you havent got an account with plumb center dont use them they are for trade not diy screwfix are mainly diy so thats your best bet

Sponsored Links
if you havent got an account with plumb center dont use them they are for trade not diy screwfix are mainly diy so thats your best bet

All plumbers merchants give different discounts and if you don't ask for any or be nice to the guy behind the counter you won't get any. Many of the valves I used to get on account had 80% discount. I went to the electrical wholesaler last week for a special order fuse, he told me the price was 6.99 but when I told him I only had a quid in my pocket he tapped a few buttons and it changed to 80p including vat :D

If you dont have a trade account you will always pay the list price.
plumb centre is primarily a trade outlet.

Sponsored Links
I dont think they do over charge or rip people off
and you could not see how they could be charge with such on your post dated sat Feb 09 2008 at 2.30am

I dont think they do over charge or rip people off
Well, clearly some people would disagree with you. The OP being one of them.

and you could not see how they could be charge with such on your post dated sat Feb 09 2008 at 2.30am
Eh? Didn't you have enough cash on you for the intelligible version of that sentence?

Just in case you're suggesting that I've changed my mind about PlumbCenter, I haven't.

Previously said:
If you find a business expensive, then don't give it your trade.
It's very simple - I don't give PlumbCenter my trade, because I find them expensive.

Some people think that they overcharge. I have no objection to their pricing - if they can sustain their business then they must be doing something right.

Now, if you want to talk about Travis Perkins....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back