Rip off Plumb Centre!

I get a lot of consumables in bulk from a company called B E S. try their initials with ltd and .uk in the web address. They are great if you want to buy in bulk, cheap gets cheaper, and usually branded goods too. I can get stuff there I can't find anywhere else... PTFE 10p roll, 50p a roll at Plumb Center. Spend over 40 quid and free next day delivery... can't go wrong!!!

Sponsored Links
I get a lot of consumables in bulk from a company called B E S. try their initials with ltd and .uk in the web address. They are great if you want to buy in bulk, cheap gets cheaper, and usually branded goods too. I can get stuff there I can't find anywhere else... PTFE 10p roll, 50p a roll at Plumb Center. Spend over 40 quid and free next day delivery... can't go wrong!!!

Err leaky the original post is three years old, hopefully the punter has sort out some terms by now

:)

Err leaky the original post is three years old, hopefully the punter has sort out some terms by now

:)

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :oops:

Fact remains that Plumbcentre (and most of the rest of Wolsey Group: all the .....centres, plus Bathstore.com) seem not to care much about competitive pricing. Maybe it's related to the high cost of the bananas needed to keep the staffs' knuckles from dragging along the floor! :D

(forgive the flash of flame but in my experience xxx-centre's 'customer service' is non-existent or unconvincing, at best!)

Sponsored Links
Obviously I am in the minority, but my local Plumbs bend over backwards to help me and the prices I get will beat any other merchant locally that I've tried.

I also get loads of free trips and booze ups put my way:cool:

I look at most of my branches staff as friends. They certainly have a lot to put up with, with me :rolleyes: :LOL:

Obviously I am in the minority, but my local Plumbs bend over backwards to help me and the prices I get will beat any other merchant locally that I've tried.

I also get loads of free trips and booze ups put my way:cool:

I look at most of my branches staff as friends. They certainly have a lot to put up with, with me :rolleyes: :LOL:

Ditto.... Can't praise my plumb and parts center highly enough, to lose a good working relationship to save a couple of quid would just be silly

I agree I like my parts center and they have a top young lad in there

but isnt it against the rules to start such an aged thread?

Hmm, well if it is a rule, then it is a silly rule because although, perhaps not in this case some old topics may benefit from new input.. But I do get your point

Just noticed this rather odd topic.

What I don't understand is how a business operating in a market economy, that openly advertises its prices, can be accused of ripping off anyone.

Whoever is happy to criticise PlumbCenter - did you at any time since 1978 vote Tory in a party election? If so, you abdicated from your right to moan, because you now have the government and the economy that you deserve.

If you didn't vote Tory, did you vote Labour? If not, then you also gave up your right.

Businesses exist to make a profit, not for any other reason. If you find a business expensive, then don't give it your trade.

I wasn't knocking Plumb Center, they fulfill a very valuable role and the staff have a great deal of knowledge (at my main branch) and they are very competitive in many areas... all I was saying is that you can get consumables etc from B E S a lot cheaper if you know what you want and can wait a day or two. I use PC at least once a week, often 3 or 4 times...

I'm in there about 3 or 4 times a day usually :eek: Mostly in the office asking for better prices though and having a cuppa :LOL:

maybe if you were more organised you could cut down on your fuel bill and go once a day!!!!! Calm down, only 'avin a laugh!

its a case of "value/service for money", customer perception.
Plumbs float that boat for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back