Rip off Plumb Centre!

Yea it's the first time I'd ever bought something from there, didn't realise they were lenient on the pricing. Will have to try next time, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Wowsers:eek: I would get onto their website and tell them off...........I did to Rothenburger when a hacksaw lasted a short while, and they replaced it, free. and gave me some goodies too. and I got me money back from the shop I bought it at :) Easy to do on the web. ;)

Yea try buying some bulbs from B&Q, fekin rip of merchants, but what you have to ask yourself is how much are YOU ripping people off for in YOUR job????, rode along at the side of a new housing estate tonight, jeeeeeeez, big new car, big new van BIG new house, just how much do you actually have to rip people off for to afford to live like that, certainly more than I can manage :evil:

Sponsored Links
Matt, you have not wasted your money at all. You will have bought very good quality products from Plumbs, that will last a long time. I've tried other sources for products and find they need replacing after 18 months as they are usually of inferior quality. How much did you pay for your solder, flux etc. Please itemise and I will compare with my Plumb Center prices.

WHY NOT TRY PLUMBCENTRES COMPEDITOR GRAHAMS.
HOWEVER AS A PERSON WORKING IN THE MERCHANT I MUST POINT OUT THE FOLLOWING.
TRADITIONAL PLUMBERS MERCHANTS HOLD PRODUCTS THAT ARE OFF BS STANDARD AND HIGHER QUALITY
AN EXAMPLE OF THIS IS KUTERLITE FITTING ARE TOP DRAWER AND CANNOT BE COMPARED TOO CHEAP IMPORTED CHINEASE FITTING USED BY SCREWFIX AND TOOL STATION.WHEN THESE FITTINGS ARE TIGHT THEY SQUEAK.I WOULD RATHER PUT IN A QUALITY FITTING THAN A POOR COPY BUT THATS YOUR CHOICE.
WOULD YOU BUY ASDA OWN BRAND CHOCOLATE AND EXPECT IT TOO TASTE LIKE CADBURYS.
ALWAYS BE WEARY OF WHAT YOU THINK IS A DEAL IT MAY NOT
A KUTERLITE ISO VALVE WILL COST ABOUT 1.50 PLUS VAT A COPY
WILL COST AS LITTLE AS 50P
BUT USE IT A FEW TIMES AND I BET IT WILL LEAK FROM THE SCREW?
THIS IS FALSE ECONOMY,AND WAIT TILL IT LEAKS BEHIND THE WASHING MACHINE AND SEE THE DAMAGE DONE.
ALWAYS COMPAIR APPLES WITH APPLES NOT APPLES TOO PEARS.
SAVING MONEY ON CHEAP IMPORTS CAN COST IN THE LONG RUN :D

All plumbers merchants give different discounts and if you don't ask for any or be nice to the guy behind the counter you won't get any. Many of the valves I used to get on account had 80% discount. I went to the electrical wholesaler last week for a special order fuse, he told me the price was 6.99 but when I told him I only had a quid in my pocket he tapped a few buttons and it changed to 80p including vat :D

If you dont have a trade account you will always pay the list price.
plumb centre is primarily a trade outlet.

I think that we have all been to a job where cheap parts have been used and I have had one or two where it has turned in to a nightmare where valves are just not up to the job.. I get some very good prices from my Plumb Center, Parts Center too and am pleased with the quality of the kit, I guess that this will be the same with all decent Trade Counters, Grahams or PTS.. As Grant said you have to compare like for like.. An Ideal combi does the same job as a Vaillant combi... Which one would you choose?

MattLaw";p="234705 said:
Just been to Plumb Centre at lunch to get a few bits for a job I'm doing, was expecting to pay about £20 and came out with £53 of stuff!

Here's what I bought:

Solder
Flux
Double check valve
Isolating valve
Outside tap and wall fitting
2 drain valves
3 washing machine taps
20 pipe clips

Tough luck!

If you were a quaified plumber giving them thousands of pounds a week in custom you would have probably got that free, I do. :D

This thread is a Thousand years old :eek: :eek:

Where are the Mods :?:

It may be an old thread but its still topical as Parts centre still rip off anyone who has a credit account with them.

What ****es me off about them is that i have an account at Parts centre and that gives me the proper trade price but stray 10 feet to the plumbing counter and they charge rip off prices!

The amazing thing is the top management seem unaware of the problem and the effect it has on their business and reputation.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back