Ripped off by plumbing charges......please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
That about sums it up Ben , dodgy MOT's as well allegedly , possibly , maybe ? I heard , 1 possible source could be Albania maybe ??

Still a coat of paint covers up a multitude of sins :) what say u jo
Truth be told, I don't believe Joe for a second. He has made far too many comments that are miles off from what anyone who has ever really done a house up would know. On top of that, he is totally inconsistent.
I reckon he either does not work at all, or he just empties park bins for the council or something like that.
It's just fun to catch him out with his nonsense. Despite the fact that he is obviously thick as the proverbial two planks, it can take a bit of doing because of his diabolical arguments e.g. " I don't need to verify anything, I know I am right."

NOT UNLIKE THIS
<-- Click !

Sponsored Links
Just to let you know ben, you're in conversation with a well known and despised troll off the screwfix forum. One of his favourite tricks on there before he got banned was to go on the plumbing forum and pretend to be a plumber giving out advice. He then started trying to give out gas advice as though he was corgi reg. The fool looprevil should not be taken seriously.

Sponsored Links
The 'techi' threads are lucky to get 1 or maybe 2 pages , says something eh. ;)

commercialman";p="1997306 said:
The 'techi' threads are lucky to get 1 or maybe 2 pages , says something eh. ;)[/quote

Yes it says a lot about my original topic :mrgreen:

Although you guys have spent 90% of it arguing among yourselves :rolleyes:

Sue

Although it sounds a little expensive i suspect the engineer wasn't too familiar with this particular boiler , he obviously gained the experiance at your fathers expense , i'm sure we're all guilty of that ;) , i know i am :mrgreen: , i'd call that swings & roundabouts , water under the bridge & you have HW/heating.

Although it sounds a little expensive i suspect the engineer wasn't too familiar with this particular boiler , he obviously gained the experiance at your fathers expense , i'm sure we're all guilty of that ;) , i know i am :mrgreen: , i'd call that swings & roundabouts , water under the bridge & you have HW/heating.

You found the original topic.....I thought it was lost in the mists of time !

Sue

Well now we know who ripped off your father!

And its 96% arguing whatever the others say!

I have just glanced at this topic, so apologise if I am repeating something already said.

What is a shame is that British Gas would have done this repair for a maximum of about £185 for the repair, assuming parts are still available for the boiler. The Ops father in law would also have had to sign up to a 12 month service contract at £20 / month but it would still have worked out fair cheaper, and gives 12 months cover to the WHOLE system, not just the parts fitted.

Sue: The above may be worth considering next time. Unbelievably, I have found BG do have some attractive offers nowadays. I could not believe how favourable their quote was when compared to a couple gas engineers in my area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back