Risco Agility 3 battery replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the batteries in both my external sounder and PIR sensors and as I reckon I know the batteries (CR123s??) I am keen to try to replace myself but need some help in disabling the tamper settings I am sure are enabled.
Can someone guide me through the steps?
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
the external sounder is 2 way and yes they are cr123A's , the pirs may not be two way and you can use your code to cancel the tamper alarm usually.

then if they are one way devices, I would take it through a walk test and activate the sensors.

if you have the appropriate permission when you enter your use code you should be able to access service/ maintenance mode without using the engineers code, but I usally go into engineering so would have to double check that.

Many thanks for your tip...just a couple of questions
Are you saying to just let the tamper alarm go off when you replace the batteries on the sounder and disarm as usual?

I'm not sure what taking the pirs through a walk test would do? Can you elaborate? As my alarm is running in sure the sensors are already activated aren't they?

Also I do have the engineers code but not sure from your comments why I need to access this and what to do when I do,p. You mention accessing the maintenance/service mode but not sure where this is and if there is one.

Then I suggest you get a local installer to do the battery change.

The master user certainly can place the system in service mode, enter code, activities, advanced settings, service mode.

You should be able to change your batteries, if the system when you exit the service is causing tampers, unset the system, go do a walk test and that should clear it.

I believe that its only an issue if any of the detectors are 1 way ones, and as the Agility 3 has a 1 way and a 2way range of devices and I have no idea what you have this is the easiest way to make sure you have few issues after changing the batteries.

Secondly you should in any case you should always check any device you have done anything with, as how do you know its still working after you have played around with it ????

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back