RISCO Agility 3

I moved into a property last month with a hard wired Texecom Veritas system which had 4 x PIR sensors and 2 x door contacts. I wanted to expand this as it didn't protect the rear extension or the shed. I phoned the alarm company that installed it and he came out to give me a price. However, I wasn't impressed with him as he said they now install the Risco Agility 3 alarm and he basically wanted to rip the entire Texecom alarm out and start fresh. Needless to say the quote was a lot of money. I did some research and found that he could have offered the Risco LightSYS 2 which is a hybrid panel that has hard wired inputs and can also accept wireless inputs. Seemed perect, however I was a put off by the fact that I felt he was trying to have my pants down so decided that I was going to do the job myself. Instead of the LightSYS (which doesn't appear to be available to purchase by the general public) I went for a Texecom Premier Elite 24 panel which has 8 hard wired zones. I then bought the Ricochet wireless expander, a DT PIR for the shed and a combined shock sensor/door contact for the rear extension door. Im not an electrician but have a decent understanding and found installation was simple. I struggled with the programming side slightly but once I got the hang of it I found it easy. I also found Texecom support to be outstanding as I did ring them a number of times and they resolved the issue every time.
I can't comment on the Risco Agility but quite a number of professional alarm installers I have spoke to seem to be using them and speak highly of them. However, the Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet is also worth considering, I have only had it in a month but has been excellent so far. The only downside to the Texecom is that it doesn't offer a wireless keypad like the Risco which maybe an issue. They are expanding the product range though and may offer one in the future.

Sponsored Links
Texecom changing to end user support at a technical level then?

That should be interesting for them.

Sponsored Links
The LightSYS2 is pretty... but I wouldn't describe it as "user friendly". The messages on the iPad-like keypad are very cryptic and I can't find any simple list explaining them in the handbook. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back