Rishi or Liz?

Sponsored Links
Tories dont lead they just follow

here we are Tories taking on a Labour policy:

Fb314qYWYAAhp9b
Just talks to get foothold. Once in office, this will be pipe dream

Then pundits reckon that the country is going to be run by a surgical truss and that Sunak's lot are more interested in the margin he losses by.
;) I suppose the country has a bit of a hernia but I am not sure a campaigner who's opinion blows with the wind regular;y is a good idea. Her political career has similarities. Smells of being an opportunist.

Seems she is going to announce gas aid in the first week. Things don't happen that quickly. She may announce something Sunak had been working on. It's been clear that a longer term plan in this area will be needed for a while now. It's also clear that various levels of business have gas problems as well. Pass on prices or go bust? At least a bit of a depression is expected. That usually results in some unemployment, depends how bad it is.

There has been 2 announcements about when we will find out who won. Today or tomorrow.

Me - I think this escapade shows that we should switch to a presidential system. Some countries will see the Tory way as hilarious. Mind you some see our politics in that fashion anyway largely due to how the house of commons behaves at times.

Its good that both candidates are in their 40s.

Opinion blowing in the wind - seems that the house is aligned.

Sponsored Links
BJ is still a very popular politician, despite what the lefties say.

Last edited:
Then pundits reckon that the country is going to be run by a surgical truss and that Sunak's lot are more interested in the margin he losses by.
;) I suppose the country has a bit of a hernia but I am not sure a campaigner who's opinion blows with the wind regular;y is a good idea. Her political career has similarities. Smells of being an opportunist.

Seems she is going to announce gas aid in the first week. Things don't happen that quickly. She may announce something Sunak had been working on. It's been clear that a longer term plan in this area will be needed for a while now. It's also clear that various levels of business have gas problems as well. Pass on prices or go bust? At least a bit of a depression is expected. That usually results in some unemployment, depends how bad it is.

There has been 2 announcements about when we will find out who won. Today or tomorrow.

Me - I think this escapade shows that we should switch to a presidential system. Some countries will see the Tory way as hilarious. Mind you some see our politics in that fashion anyway largely due to how the house of commons behaves at times.
Does this mean you're a Republican, advocate of a two-party system, and wish to abolish the monarchy?

What good did he do. He has broken everything he touched

Liz is like a child with hand in the cookie jar, will say anything to get away with it
Latest is she will reduce fuel prices or some such
Last week she said VAT will be reduced by 5%
Boris said money save by pulling out of EU will go to NHS

Sunak has been consistent. If he is rich, does that mean he in incapable of task he took on.
Does it really matter who leads as long as he or she puts country first then self ( do not think Liz has eye on the ball)
truss is just like Boris. Will say anything to get support.

The longer a Liz premiership goes on, and the worse the political and economic situation becomes,
Listening to her I wonder if she will upset the "money" market. There are reasons why the value of the USD has increased part down to policy. In quotes because it also relates to various types of investment as well.

Get it wrong and the GBP crumbles or falls.

This month the interest payable on central government debt was £19.4 billion, £10.3 billion more than the previous monthly record set in June 2021, with £16.7 billion of this £19.4 billion cost reflecting the impact of the RPI.

From an interesting read

She seems to think she can make some aspects of this go away. Take longer to pay against the £2.4t. The levels we are at are seen as acceptable these days however some countries run at much lower levels when viewed as % of GDP.. This area expects something along the lines of austerity if debt is seen as being too high. ie Reduce public spending. Fine if services are running at an acceptable level. Are ours?

Last edited:
Boris and Sunak arguably "got brexit done" and "got furlough done."
If Truss makes a hash of Cost of Living, they'll be waiting in the wings.

Boris thinks he got voted out over a bit of cake.

Sunak's clever though, plenty of private ££ opportunities for a guy like that.

Neither. The government is the problem not the solution.

Sponsored Links
Back