RNLI takes down its website after suspected hacking attempt

What are you desperate about :confused::idea:
What word have I invented?

Please do bear in mind, before you reply, that you have already demonstrated and admitted to your cruel, devious and dishonest attributes.

Sponsored Links
What word have I invented?

Please do bear in mind, before you reply, that you have already demonstrated and admitted to your cruel, devious and dishonest attributes.

blimey I was only asking :confused:

I assumed you were desperate over some thing :idea:

“ attempt to live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip” ;)

You've also assumed the identity of a panda.
You'd have been better off as a chameleon. It would suit your personality muddle.

the art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings

Sponsored Links
the art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings
So you are now reduced to repeating irrelevant gibberish. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Time for me to go, I think. Most of the posts will have been deleted soon to save your embarrassment.
But it's been fun. :):)

I agree, but most words are constructed and evolved by society.
Where do you think they start?

It's only a desperate fool that invents a new word to use as an allegation.
Does that apply to such words as "transphobic" and "homophobic" - even allowing for the incorrect usage?

Who made up them - incorrectly?

Is there any evidence that the two issues are related? It's a difficult balance. On the one hand you don't want a single person to drown and the RNLI exist to stop that, on the other you don't want the criminal gangs promoting their actions as a support boat.

They appear to have had an uptick in donations as a result of the PR.

Last edited:
As an occasional collector for the RNLI I've noted a change in peoples attitude to becoming more polarised. Also as a street collector I and fellow collectors have received more abuse, enough to take us off the streets. Less people have given but those who have given are (have?) given more.

My thoughts are very difficult - whilst saving lives at sea is the remit of the RNLI I can understand the concerns of the British public of the use of the RNLI in the Channel. I have to admit I am not totally comfortable.

The RNLI are a charitable organisation that exist to save lives at sea.
If they start making policy decisions based on how people get into distress, it becomes a political organisation.

There are no 'legal' routes to claim asylum. Well actually there are. You arrive in the country of destination (by any means) and surrender, at the first opportunity, to claim asylum.
UK want to create off-shore processing centres.
If they do that, it will be easier to deny asylum because the unsuccessful applicant will not be in UK, and will become the responsibility of whatever country they happen to be in. So that solution is both open to abuse, and fraught with other unintended and unwanted repercussions.

What is the legal route to claiming asylum in the UK?

You have to claim when you arrive but legally you would not be able to enter the UK unless you had a visa (most countries these people arrive from do not have visa free travel to the uk)
If the immigrants are genuinely in fear of their lives, they could have claimed asylum in any of the countries they passed through to get to the UK, but they don't. That makes them economic migrants, and if they want to live and work in the uk, there is a perfectly legal and accessible process they can go through to gain the right to live and work in the UK that doesn't involve getting in a small boat, crossing the channel and then claiming asylum.

However, they know that the legal application route has a much lower chance of success than claiming asylum, so they pay criminals to help them cross the channel and then claim asylum. Once here, there is a whole network of charities to help them with their asylum claim.

So lets not peddle the myth that crossing the channel illegally and claiming asylum is the only legal way to gain the right to live and work in the UK.

As for the RNLI, i personally don't think that the RNLI should be being used as a lifeboat service for migrants crossing the channel. The government should have set up its own fleet of border patrol boats to deal with migrants and the criminal gangs that are facilitating the crossings, and not relied on a charity and volunteers to pick up these migrants who are using the RNLI as a taxi service.

It's not the RNLI's fault, they are only doing what the charity was set up to do in the first place, ie rescue people in trouble at sea.

If the immigrants are genuinely in fear of their lives, they could have claimed asylum in any of the countries they passed through to get to the UK, but they don't. That makes them economic migrants, and if they want to live and work in the uk, there is a perfectly legal and accessible process they can go through to gain the right to live and work in the UK that doesn't involve getting in a small boat, crossing the channel and then claiming asylum.

However, they know that the legal application route has a much lower chance of success than claiming asylum, so they pay criminals to help them cross the channel and then claim asylum. Once here, there is a whole network of charities to help them with their asylum claim.

So lets not peddle the myth that crossing the channel illegally and claiming asylum is the only legal way to gain the right to live and work in the UK.

As for the RNLI, i personally don't think that the RNLI should be being used as a lifeboat service for migrants crossing the channel. The government should have set up its own fleet of border patrol boats to deal with migrants and the criminal gangs that are facilitating the crossings, and not relied on a charity and volunteers to pick up these migrants who are using the RNLI as a taxi service.

It's not the RNLI's fault, they are only doing what the charity was set up to do in the first place, ie rescue people in trouble at sea.

So there is no legal route then. Thank you for pointing that out.

Your whole argument is circular. You argue they should claim Asylum in the first country they enter - but if they enter that country illegally they should not be able to claim asylum.

Then you are mixing claims for asylum and claims for migration, though they may end up at the same point - legal stay they are not the same.

So you have provided a description - now some details - how will this work? They see a boat in the sea - what do they do? Sink it?

Which is why this will go on and on and it's brilliant for the Tories even when they fail miserably because its political dynamite and a vote winner.

a) they are exercising their perfectly legal right to choose which country they prefer to claim asylum. There's nothing illegal nor immoral about that.
The hard decision was leaving their own country, after that it's just a matter of determination, to continue to their country of choice. Most fail and claim asylum at earlier opportunities ( a fact that RWR always gloss over).
b) It doesn't make them economic migrants, they're still refugees. Just because they choose to continue to their preferred country, does not alter their status.
c) the perfectly legal and accessible process that you refer to requires the cooperation of the country of origin and access to a passport, and access to a processing centre. All of which are invariably absent. If you apply for a visa, you need a passport, and you need to meet strict criteria, and you need the cooperation of the country of origin. If they had that they wouldn't be at risk of death or persecution.
d) the only way to claim asylum in UK, is to arrive in UK and surrender to the authorities.

You are demonstrating your total lack of understanding of the situation. If they don't have access to a 'legal route' of obtaining a visa, there is only the other option of arriving in UK by any means possible. And arriving by any means possible, and claiming asylum is perfectly legal.

That is exactly what you are doing, peddling myths.
It's not illegal to cross the channel, undesirable, unsafe, yes, but illegal, no!.
No-one is claiming that the only legal way to live and work in UK is to claim asylum. That's a total fabrication by you. Many thousands do arrive with a visa, live work and study in UK. Many also overstay their visa, and there are far more overstayers than refugees claiming asylum. Another fact the RWR conveniently gloss over.
If the government provided a safe route, then crossing the channel would not be necessary, and the charitable RNLI would not be placed in such a predicament.
If the government provided a safe route, then there would be a vastly reduced market for criminal people smugglers.

So there is no legal route then. Thank you for pointing that out.

Your whole argument is circular. You argue they should claim Asylum in the first country they enter - but if they enter that country illegally they should not be able to claim asylum.

Then you are mixing claims for asylum and claims for migration, though they may end up at the same point - legal stay they are not the same.

So you have provided a description - now some details - how will this work? They see a boat in the sea - what do they do? Sink it?

Which is why this will go on and on and it's brilliant for the Tories even when they fail miserably because its political dynamite and a vote winner.
No, there is a legal route. They can apply for entry a work permit or residency from outside the UK if they want to live and work here. They don't need to use an asylum claim as the method of gaining leave to remain.

I don't believe that the majority of asylum claims are claims for asylum because the claimants genuinely didn't believe that any of the countries that they passed through were safe. They claim asylum in the UK for other reasons, specifically that they think they have a greater chance of being allowed leave to remain than applying for a work permit or residency.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that border force sink a boat. I think they should collect the occupants and return them to France. If the occupants try to avoid the border patrol boats, the border patrol should alert land forces so that they occupants can then he detained and returned to France. The RNLI should not be involved.

The only way to stop the profiteering of the criminal gangs trafficking people to the UK is to make the effort of crossing the channel non viable as a route to claiming asylum, and immediate return for france would do that. I would also set up an asylum processing centre in France.

Sponsored Links
Back